Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-On Change On My Heritage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 PM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Rush 1.75 slip on's on my bike. I currently have about 42K on the bike and I put the slip-on's on not long after I got the bike so maybe 2K. It has gotten a bit louder over time and the Harley growl is well pronounced. Mine and the wife's boots has taken a toll on how they look so I have been considering replacing them but I'm not sure with what yet.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:38 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil_R
Hi Joe. What brand did you switch to, to get a deeper tone if I can ask?
Thank you,
Phil
I tried out the Super Flow slip-ons with 1.75" baffle from B&E Performance. They were OK but still not what I wanted. Even tried out the Screamin Eagle one piece but still not what I want. After checking out some exhaust systems on bikes at different dealers I decided to order the 4" Rineharts. I should have them installed in the next couple of days. I'll let you know it these are the ones.

Last edited by tibadoe; 05-24-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:53 PM
jackafrica
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I've been running Rush slip-ons with the 1.75" baffles and find them to be quite loud, with a real "crack" to them under load.
This is on a 117 engine with cams, etc.

They were never quiet, even when new. I like the sound and it seems the performance on the butt dyno is more than adequate.

If you feel they sound right, use them, they're good pipes and so far you're only cost has been a set of baffles.
There are other materials available for wrapping baffles if you desire a quieter note.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM
eichacsj
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I put the 2" rush slip-ons on for my stage 1+ (custom dyno tune). At first I thought they were to loud so I bought the 1.75" baffles, I hatted it. The 1.75 baffles took the base tone out and just end up with the cracky higher pitch sound, hated that and it wasn't all that much quieter. I put the 2" back in. So if you want the more cracky sound verses base tone the smaller baffles are for you.

Packing gone, are you sure the previous owner didn't cut it off? A common thing to do.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Hi Joe. What brand did you switch to, to get a deeper tone if I can ask?
Thank you,
Phil
As a general rule of thumb, the larger the tube, the deeper the rumble. Think of any wind instrument, the larger the lower tone....
I didn't see where you stated any mods other than the slip-ons... You need to decide how loud you want the bike to be. 2.25" baffle will be louder than a 2" baffle. A bike with upgraded cams will be louder than stock. Personally, I like my 3" Rush tubes as they don't overwhelm the bike's back end so much. To each their own. I've had two different Rush setups and can say the chrome is excellent and lasts. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by eichacsj
I put the 2" rush slip-ons on for my stage 1+ (custom dyno tune). At first I thought they were to loud so I bought the 1.75" baffles, I hatted it. The 1.75 baffles took the base tone out and just end up with the cracky higher pitch sound, hated that and it wasn't all that much quieter. I put the 2" back in. So if you want the more cracky sound verses base tone the smaller baffles are for you.

Packing gone, are you sure the previous owner didn't cut it off? A common thing to do.

Unknown if the previous owner cut off the fiberglass packing. There was not a trace of packing material around either baffle, so it is a good possibility. Gosh, I hope I don't get a cracky sound. I just want some more back pressure. Hmmmm, I just installed them yesterday and it started to rain so I have not even started the bike yet with the new baffles. I will find out today.....
Thanks,
Phil

Old 05-26-2016, 06:29 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
As a general rule of thumb, the larger the tube, the deeper the rumble. Think of any wind instrument, the larger the lower tone....
I didn't see where you stated any mods other than the slip-ons... You need to decide how loud you want the bike to be. 2.25" baffle will be louder than a 2" baffle. A bike with upgraded cams will be louder than stock. Personally, I like my 3" Rush tubes as they don't overwhelm the bike's back end so much. To each their own. I've had two different Rush setups and can say the chrome is excellent and lasts. Good luck in your search.
Just stock at this point. Still want some "Harley" rumble, just looking to increase the back pressure a bit and if the sound is not as loud, that would not hurt my feelings either. Would still like a deep sound too if possible. I may eventually have to go to a 2-1 system when the $$$ become more available..
Thanks,
Phil

Old 05-26-2016, 07:33 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I got my 2"ers at the 1K service,, now 9yrs later and with 53K I still really like them.. I have rewrapped them twice. when they've gotten louder,, you can tell when it's time..

I'll add even when they need rewrapped their will be about 75% of the old matting on the baffles.

If your baffles have None at all,, then IMO someone removed it

Also they have went to a two layer wrap install several yrs back that puts the overlaps at 180* to each other instead of just one overlapping piece of matting like they did when I got mine and now they should last longer..

The first two times they burned out,, it lost the matting was where they overlapped...

over all I am totally pleased with them.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the 1.75 baffle without the packing and now it sounds like a Harley should.yes,it's loud but being old school that's the way I like them.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Capt Woody
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Capt Woody. How many miles on your Rush slip-ons? Glad you like the sound and that is a sharp color on your Heritage too!!!
Phil
About 5,000 or so. And thanks!

Quick Reply: Rush Slip-On Change On My Heritage!