Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall guy on softail deuce problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,790 Posts

I'm the same 6'3" with a 34" inseam. Mine works pretty well but I truly do not go far anymore. You really need the foot spurs to fill comfortable at speed on the interstate...Seat is a two up Corbin with a matching custom leather pad and a miniature sissy pad just for my helmet. My rear foot rest are just emergency pins just in case I really need to do two up. I have a Saddlemen throw over bag that attaches to the D rings on my seat. Mainly uses now as my gym bag but bike as been as far as Sturgis and Daytona.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 09-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JoDaddy801 (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:44 AM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wild hog
C&C Seats
Any particular model?

Old 05-29-2016, 11:47 AM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear

Ripsaw, thanks for the reply with pix! Nice looking bike ya got there. What model of Corbin did you go with?

Old 05-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,790 Posts

Originally Posted by JoDaddy801
Ripsaw, thanks for the reply with pix! Nice looking bike ya got there. What model of Corbin did you go with?
Hard to believe but they still make it. Not sure about the options I got. Pretty sure it's the Dual Tour. I got it with the leather seams. They cut it back 1" and lower it in the seat area. That left it with no pad, so I ended up making a leather covered 1" memory foam seat stiched to match the seams. The Wille and Max label was scrafed from a throw over D ring that I cut up for the D rings. I did have two backrest but the Corbin back rest is way to big and looks too silly even for me.. Seat is probably way fat for a Duece but work for me. I have done nothing as far as upkeep and other then then the canvas backrest hole covers has held up well. Think they are leather now. My throw over bag has worn the beading a little. http://corbin.com/harley/softail/deuce-dt.shtml

JoDaddy801 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 01:05 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

It's been about a week since I changed to a Danny Grey Speed Cradle seat.

At first I didn't like how it pushed me forward and raised my legs (6'2", 34" inseam) but that was right after I sat on the bike not moving. After about 5 minutes my body got used to the new position (I also ride a sportbike, so used to being folded up) and decided to take it on an hour ride on the same route I've been on many times.

Because my body was lower and more compact, wind resistance wasn't as bad. Not aerodynamic as being on a sportbike in a full tuck but enough of a difference to notice the less fatigue. The biggest difference was at 85 mph & above. Anything over 55 mph, the wind would always push me out of the seat while putting pressure on my pelvis bone and strain my wrists. Now I don't feel a difference between 55 mph & 85 mph at all making the ride much more enjoyable.

JoDaddy801 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 11:04 PM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Hard to believe but they still make it. Not sure about the options I got. Pretty sure it's the Dual Tour. I got it with the leather seams. They cut it back 1" and lower it in the seat area. That left it with no pad, so I ended up making a leather covered 1" memory foam seat stiched to match the seams. The Wille and Max label was scrafed from a throw over D ring that I cut up for the D rings. I did have two backrest but the Corbin back rest is way to big and looks too silly even for me.. Seat is probably way fat for a Duece but work for me. I have done nothing as far as upkeep and other then then the canvas backrest hole covers has held up well. Think they are leather now. My throw over bag has worn the beading a little. http://corbin.com/harley/softail/deuce-dt.shtml
I do like the look of that seat. Again, thanks for the info!

Old 05-30-2016, 11:09 PM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Next In Line
It's been about a week since I changed to a Danny Grey Speed Cradle seat.

At first I didn't like how it pushed me forward and raised my legs (6'2", 34" inseam) but that was right after I sat on the bike not moving. After about 5 minutes my body got used to the new position (I also ride a sportbike, so used to being folded up) and decided to take it on an hour ride on the same route I've been on many times.

Because my body was lower and more compact, wind resistance wasn't as bad. Not aerodynamic as being on a sportbike in a full tuck but enough of a difference to notice the less fatigue. The biggest difference was at 85 mph & above. Anything over 55 mph, the wind would always push me out of the seat while putting pressure on my pelvis bone and strain my wrists. Now I don't feel a difference between 55 mph & 85 mph at all making the ride much more enjoyable.
Interesting. It feels like I should scoot back and down? Thanks for the info!

Old 05-31-2016, 10:58 AM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear

Originally Posted by chrome-dome-dave
I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I moved my forward controls 3", Danny gray buttcrack seat and if your looking for a little more reach in the bars I bought a set of 8.5" risers with 2" pullback and turned them around so the pullback is facing away from me adding a little more stretch.

So Dave, I am interested in what seat this is:

http://s518.photobucket.com/user/chr...bike6.jpg.html

I am looking for a riding position like the one in your avatar.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:54 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JoDaddy801
So Dave, I am interested in what seat this is:

http://s518.photobucket.com/user/chr...bike6.jpg.html

I am looking for a riding position like the one in your avatar.
That is just a stick bad lander (Nightrain) seat and I heated up the seat pan to fit the rear fender. I don't use that anymore, haven't in years and now I use the Danny gray buttcrack. Tall guy on softail deuce problems-photo433.jpg

JoDaddy801 (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 PM
JoDaddy801
6th Gear

Well, the dude who came in a dropped C&C thanks, I gave them my business. Check out their seats! And the price for what you get! I went with the Fastback as the old lady likes to go for a spin every now and then. The customer service is suburb as well. Ill report back when I give er' a spin.

Chrome Dome Dave, thanks for all the help, could I ask you one more question? I do want the riser and pullback but I am unsure if my current bars will work???

Attached Thumbnails Tall guy on softail deuce problems-img_1852.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tall guy on softail deuce problems