Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved up from 2006 to 2016 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 04:11 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the same color 2016 as Oldtime above (Turq/White), mine has the wheel upgrade and whitewalls. I love this bike, love the improvements this year. Just rode mine 1000 miles to Hot Springs and back, first time riding other than a touring platform on a longer ride. Such an easy bike at slower speeds too. Think you are going to love it....congrats!!

Old 06-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ride much, be happy!! I traded my 950 lb Road Glide for a 2016 Heritage! it is kind of sad, but much, much easier to move around!!! Enjoy your new ride!!

Old 07-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After running my first tank of gas (free) through it, I have some mostly first positive impressions. I was only able to ride it into work for several days but it is a 50 mile round trip that is mostly rural.

The item I noticed most was the ABS brakes. The braking is a significant improvement over the 2006. I did test them out a bit when I saw a turtle crossing the road and I feel confident that if needed in a quick stop situation, the ABS will be a great improvement.

The next was the sixth gear. I was always hunting for that extra gear and this fits the bill nicely. The cruise control was a nice addition as well. Between the two, this will make my many long trips a bit better.

I also noticed that the increase in power on the stock set up was very noticeable, especially getting up to highway speeds from a stop sign.

Perhaps it is just the difference between something new vs. high mileage, the 2016’s handling was also noticeably better on the rural curves at highway speed.

I really noticed how badly discolored my old windshield was too as after being behind a new one! I am 6’4” tall and the new windshield is significantly lower than my old one. I will give this one a try and figured I would opt to a 23-inch windshield later on if I feel I need a taller one (like for rain and cold on trips).

I like having a clock when riding to work compared to the Martin one I had on the windshield.

Since I am tall, the stock riding position is not comfortable for my legs. I will be installing my floorboard relocation adapters soon. I will also install my Utopia backrest sooner or later. That did the trick on my 2006.

Most of my add-ons still need to be installed.

Overall, no negatives.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Kopio
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the whitewalls!! I just bought an 06....my first Harley, it's a great bike!

Old 07-02-2016, 11:27 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I love the smell of a brand new Harley in the morning!

Old 07-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Carolina Joe
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new Heritage. Seems like yesterday mine (2013) was new and I was going through the same stuff, feeling the same feelings.

With the extra bucks that you have, I would suggest that you wake the sleeping demons up inside that engine. I went with a Bassani Road Rage pipes, A. Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit and the Dynojet PV-2 tuner. Believe me, there was a lot of available power there to be found with the right equipment. I'm sure the same results can be had with other brands just do alot of research and talking to other Heritage riders b/4 buying.

Stay safe and enjoy your new ride.

Joe S

Old 07-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Len Turner
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice ride! I think you'll really like it. The '16 sold me on the ABS and cruise too. Mine was also quiet; a set of Rush slip-ons cured that...

Old 07-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I managed to install a lot of my add-ons on my 2016.

I had a lot of new items and swapped out some of my old 2006 items. I have to say, my older Harley chrome (engine guard/pegs, etc.), floorboard relocators (reused), and windshield bag cleaned up like new. It makes me feel like the extra cost of the Harley items were worth the cost since it lasts so long.

I added saddlebag guards, passenger footrests, luggage rack, light bezels, grips, V&H slip-ons, reused shift pegs, driving light bypass kit, a few small things, and updated my sun faded day trip bag to a leather Viking bag.

I really want a chrome toolbox but my 2006 version will not work and there is not one available yet.

I probably did save a good deal on labor and glad I opted for more Harley parts instead. It was also a good way to really get to know the new bike.

It felt like moving cleaning out the old Heritage and updating the new!

Still very happy with it.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Fabulous new ride. Congrats.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:46 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

Happy for you...

Still have our 07 Heritage we got new and now that it's just gotten broken in the last couple yrs and only has 53k on it we still love it....

We've thought about upgrading,, but after spending over $5K on getting it where we want the bike and engine to be... It'd be HARD to change now... Mostly cause I am 67 and honestly --- we just don't ride like we used to a few yrs back...

With just the cam, SERT tune, "her" seating area, and all the other chrome and leather I've added,, At my age and healthiness I don't really feel like starting all over again..

I am Glad and happy for all those who have Many yrs yet to ride, I just hope and pray I can do the same..

Quick Reply: Moved up from 2006 to 2016 Heritage