Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'94 Softail Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 PM
tspider2000
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '94 Softail Help

Now it's my time to do work on my bike. I'm adding new front blinkers with fog lights and bar. My left rear blinker is working but not the left front. The right front and rear does not work. They all worked before. Not now. Any ideas would be great. The headlight has a yellow and white wires. The original blinker wires are black. The new blinker wires are black, red, green. The fog lights have a brown wire and a green wire. I connected the blinker wires and they stay on, as marker lights but when I turn on the left blinker, only the left rear blinker comes on. The left front blinker attempts to blink but not that noticeable unless you look real close. The right blinkers front and rear do not come on when I press the blinker button. Can someone please help.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-26-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,139 Likes on 6,210 Posts

You will get more replies in the Evo section, but I can tell you the first thing you need to buy when you buy an older bike is a factory service manual. Just about anyone in the Evo section will start their reply the same way.

Alternatively, since you currently don't have a reference for what color means what, you are going to need to activate each function and put a meter from ground to each wire and write that result down along with the color. Before doing that, you will need to shut everything off and do a continuity test using your meter from ground to each wire to determine what are the grounds, and write down those results. I realize this will be a tedious process but lacking a manual plus the possibility that the wiring could be hacked since the bike is older, it is one way to determine what you are dealing with.

Are your new turn signals ordinary bulbs or are they LED's? If they are LED's, you will either need to add resistors or you will need to get a load balancing module, which is what I did, to compensate for the low resistance LED's have compared to ordinary incandescent bulbs. I used a module made by Badlands.

If you are simply moving where the front signals are located, why can't you just look at how they were wired before and duplicate that wiring with your new setup?

Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
tspider2000
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are regular bulbs, not led. I did wire them the same way as the older ones.