Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Heritage Bags Won't Sag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:49 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

you are correct, that's what I've read also...

Old 09-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Holster Maker
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Couple new ones I inspected on the showroom floor had bag liners. Couple tough days getting thru that.
Both times on the way home I thought how nice my '05 is and is it worth $13,000+ more for better brakes, more power, another gear, electric cruise, warranty, etc....maybe, probably not, would be nice, not really, don't ride that much anyway, don't need fancy brakes, texter probably get me anyway, don't need those fancy LINERS, I have HARDBAGS!

Old 12-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Littleleeper23
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 heritage no inserts there and sagging a bit

There are no inserts in my 2016 heritage bags, bags are sagging a bit already despite religious care of them.

Bought in May of 2016 just leather in there!!

So believe it or not guys you can be mistaken. I will be adding gotsaggybags soon.

Honestly the drop in price and added features came with a leather quality decrease. Jmho

Lee

Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Is Papabags still in business? I have a friend with a 2008 Heritage and he's looking for a solution. All links to Papabags that I've found on Google seem to go nowhere.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:59 AM
RedHogz
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The bags on my '03 sagged since I bought it in 2006. I don't mind much 'cause they match my ***.

The following users liked this post:
millzog (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt07
eichacsj, did you look in the bags. If you did , you need glasses. 16s have plastic supports in them except the face out front. Even the rim has stiffeners. This is the 3rd time I have said this...LOOK INSIDE IT'S IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!

Cobalt07, I looked just today & the Heritage bags on the 16`s are no better IMHO than the older bags just a thicker mill plastic. Sagging will take some time but will happen!

The first thing is the Lids start to settle/sink in, then after you over stuff the bastids & don't say you wont!!!! the plastic lip around the opening cracks, Then the bottoms will droop (like us when were 70)

Papa Bags are still going as far as I know (Rick Long) good product I have em in my 02 & I......well heres what I did, I checked out boss bag stiffeners & saggybags, etc... & for what they want for the side stiffeners that they claim need riveted in they can stick it. I bought at Lowes 2 large black heavy duty office garbage cans - don't laugh!!!!!

I measured the ID of my bag sides & with a pair of vinyl siding shears I cut out the template leaving it a little big, in the Heritage bags the leather "lip" on the sides & the over flap on the bottom I slid the plastic home made stiffeners down in the leather gussets front & Back.

Did this to both bags, that along with the papa bags & my 02 heritage bags look pretty dam good, even the HD shop techs commented when they pulled my FOB out of the one bag during inspection (to change the battery) Tech said you had the stiffeners put in Huh? I said No I made em - out of lowes garbage cans - he laughed & showed the others, now I have a couple guys wanting my template to do theirs. for $12 you cant beat it...!

The Papa Bags imo are better than the saggy bags, no glue or putting an encyclopedia on it till the glue dries. simple to put together & install. Redhogz - Papa Bags will make yours look NEW!!

Old 12-01-2016, 05:22 PM
LXT
Road Master

RedHogz,

Hell dude don't worry about your Bags - you need the rest of your front exhaust! LOL, Nice scoot, was you polishing or working on her?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:52 PM
RedHogz
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I was finishing up the Burley bar apes conversion and had the exhaust off to pull the side cover on the trans and install an easy-pull clutch kit and stainless braided cable. I think it came out as a clean upgrade. At 6'4", the apes are a big plus. What isn't shown on that pic is an upgraded Saddleman gel seat w\drivers backrest and a narrower sissy bar pad

Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 PM
cobalt07
Road Master
Received 243 Likes on 152 Posts

Littleleeper23, so you are the only guy with a '16 Heritage without the heavy plastic liners ? Sure you have a Harley ? The new bags are even shaped slightly different. My '11 was parked next to my '16 before I sold it. Stupidity amazes me.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by cobalt07
Littleleeper23, so you are the only guy with a '16 Heritage without the heavy plastic liners ? Sure you have a Harley ? The new bags are even shaped slightly different. My '11 was parked next to my '16 before I sold it. Stupidity amazes me.

Well......I was at the dealership & the 16`s on their floor had no "Liners" in them. what do you mean by liners? cause liners to me are inserts you buy & can pull out - usually luggage liners.

The 16 bags just seemed like they re-inforced them with a heavier gauge plastic - but are actually smaller than the bags on my 02, measure the new compared to the old.

personally after looking at the new Heritage bags I'm not impressed at all with what they are calling an upgrade, compare the HD heritage bags to brand x`s vintage & those bags are 10 times better structurally - now as far as color fade that's a different story!

truth is your 16`s bags will sag in time unless you don't ever use them, but honestly by then you probably will not have that bike so no worries.

Quick Reply: 2016 Heritage Bags Won't Sag?