Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Reach Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
Here are some pics of Heartlands 1-1/2" spacers
Thanks, I like them more than most I have seen.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but there looks to be a pretty big gap between the spacer and the top triple tree? I can see what appears to be the bushing cup washer, is that the way the Heartland spacer goes together?

Old 01-21-2017, 02:47 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but there looks to be a pretty big gap between the spacer and the top triple tree? I can see what appears to be the bushing cup washer, is that the way the Heartland spacer goes together?
Yeah, that gap is far to big! Those spacers are supposed to sit nearly flush with the trees, like the risers normally do.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:16 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT

They are perfectly flat on the bottom and I'm using the same factory bushings and washers. It only looks like a bigger space because they are hanging so far past the bushings and out over the trees.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:37 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

They are perfectly flat on the bottom and I'm using the same factory bushings and washers. It only looks like a bigger space because they are hanging so far past the bushings and out over the trees.
I hate to be a party pooper, but WTF!!... They're not even the same diameter as the rest of the riser. Did Heartland loose their calipers, or are they that sloppy?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:53 AM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I hate to be a party pooper, but WTF!!... They're not even the same diameter as the rest of the riser. Did Heartland loose their calipers, or are they that sloppy?
To each their own. I had spacers that were the same diameter as the base of the riser and I took them off because they look like ****. The step up in size made it flow better and not look like I just stuck a spacer in there.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Spacers might be machined at the exact same diameter of the riser base or slightly larger, it's just a matter of taste.
The riding position benefit of this cost-effective mod but in terms of look something better can be done.
I had some custom risers CNC machined from a local shop (Tecnicad) and pretty happy with the result.
Sent them stock risers as a sample for measures, I asked to add 1" length, have them slotted and chrome plated and that's it...

Attached Thumbnails Breakout Reach Issues-img_0133.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 03:22 AM
JeepXK
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My breakout is a 2015 and i have 1 3/4 spacers without any issues on any of the cables.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:15 PM
HenryT
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Spacers might be machined at the exact same diameter of the riser base or slightly larger, it's just a matter of taste.
The riding position benefit of this cost-effective mod but in terms of look something better can be done.
I had some custom risers CNC machined from a local shop (Tecnicad) and pretty happy with the result.
Sent them stock risers as a sample for measures, I asked to add 1" length, have them slotted and chrome plated and that's it...
Those look great!!

Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Those look great, you, or they should be selling them in a few different lengths.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:59 PM
HenryT
Road Master

Those look great, you, or they should be selling them in a few different lengths.
They look to have a website. Since Nostra has allowed them to take measurements they must have all the numbers to churn out others upon request I would bet. Thinking they would do other lengths if asked. Might be kind pricey though especially since coming from Italia. Thanks Nostra!

http://www.prototecnicad.it/en/negoz...-mod-line-art/

Quick Reply: Breakout Reach Issues