Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone installed Saddlebag locks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Cobra6
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone installed Saddlebag locks?

I did not want to Hi-jack the thread about saddlebag stiffeners - I know Saggybags has a locking system (hidden lock) - has anyone installed this or any other locking system on their Heritage leather bags? I don't see that Papabags has anything like that.

I would feel better if I could lock up a couple of things - I have an HD helmet lock on my rear saddlebag guard, but that is about it. I keep a bluetooth UE Boom2 box on my handlebars and I usually take it off (out of sight, out of mind) but sometimes I clip it on my belt if we are not at a biker function.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2017, 02:53 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,703 Likes on 1,988 Posts

You realize that the straps on a leather bag can be cut with a boxcutter in two seconds, right? That said, I'd rather a thief stole whatever was in the bags rather than ruin an $800 pair of saddlebags.

Locks on a leather bag just keep your best friends honest IMO.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra6
I did not want to Hi-jack the thread about saddlebag stiffeners - I know Saggybags has a locking system (hidden lock) - has anyone installed this or any other locking system on their Heritage leather bags? I don't see that Papabags has anything like that.

I would feel better if I could lock up a couple of things - I have an HD helmet lock on my rear saddlebag guard, but that is about it. I keep a bluetooth UE Boom2 box on my handlebars and I usually take it off (out of sight, out of mind) but sometimes I clip it on my belt if we are not at a biker function.

Thanks
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...lebag-lock-kit

I installed these on my Fox Creek leather bags. Nice that you get them keyed to your ignition key and get a couple more spare keys with the kit.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Cobra6
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
You realize that the straps on a leather bag can be cut with a boxcutter in two seconds, right? That said, I'd rather a thief stole whatever was in the bags rather than ruin an $800 pair of saddlebags.

Wouldn't do any good to lock the straps - lock the lid like these do - I just wondered what else was out there

Attached Thumbnails Anyone installed Saddlebag locks?-invisiloc-prod-right.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 09:46 PM
nvbirdman
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the Saggybags locks on mine. They lock the lids down, the leather straps have nothing to do with it. They aren't needed much where I live, but if I do much travelling I will be glad I have them. They can be a bit awkward to lock and unlock but if it takes me an extra ten or fifteen seconds BFD.
I'm happy with them.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:44 AM
rbert0005
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed some of the HD locks on mine. I'm not sure why because I have not locked them yet.

They do work just fine though.

Bob

Old 01-21-2017, 08:04 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,858 Likes on 4,112 Posts

I also have the HD locks on my saddlebags. They do the job.

Originally Posted by Uncle G.

However true, the same could be said for the ignition lock, fork lock and a security system. I doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. It's simply a deterrent.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

Here's the kit I've been looking at.
Not sure if I need to lock my saddle bags, but I would like to lock up my tour pak.

http://www.inertiawrx.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qnOhq9ceg8

The following users liked this post:
Cobra6 (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Wish I would have seen these you posted Blueraven. I've two softails and did a combo lock on my fatboy that works off a cable but it's a pain when camping gear is loaded on the seat because it's on the inside of the bag. On my Crossbones I decided it's a retro look so just pop riveted a stainless hasp on the front of the bag and got brass paddlelocks. It's simple and effective as a deterrent if slightly crude. These are both RK Classic leather bags.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Cobra6
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bluraven
Here's the kit I've been looking at.
Not sure if I need to lock my saddle bags, but I would like to lock up my tour pak.

http://www.inertiawrx.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qnOhq9ceg8
Thanks - I figured there must be something else out there - this is unique in that it would allow you to "overstuff" the saddle bag and still lock it.
They are proud of them.......

Quick Reply: Anyone installed Saddlebag locks?