Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:05 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)

I'm starting a separate thread so that posters can show there hard bags using cyclevisions kits. There has been quite a bit of commentary about CycleVisions lately. I just wanted to share my experience. If you have photos, please share them.

plenty of room on both sides

Notice that the stock heritage seat does rub against these bags. I'm replacing the seat with a Le Pera

Taillights do not rub fenders but are very close. these bags follow the fender line nicely. Looks good.

Here is the axle bolt (flipped) with plenty of room when the suspension is compressed.

The following users liked this post:
skian (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
skian
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bike Leo!

Do you know if the CycleVision brackets work with the 2014 - 2017 one touch bags? I'd like to get them for my 2017 Fatboy S.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Leo, that's good to know about the 2016s.

1) Like the previous, do you know if the newer bags will fit with this mount?

2) CV says the exhaust needs to be below the axle nut. I see you installed them with a stock exhaust. Can you clarify how low below the axle nut the exhaust needs to be? Where is the top of your slipon in relation to the axle nut? A pic from the side would be great. I have the V&H Twin Slash and the top of the slipon, as viewed from the side, is just slightly below the center hole in the axle.

3) Do you see any problem with installing passenger floor boards with this setup?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2017, 04:17 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skian
Nice bike Leo!

Do you know if the CycleVision brackets work with the 2014 - 2017 one touch bags? I'd like to get them for my 2017 Fatboy S.

I do not know. HOwever, if you can get Randy on the phone from CycleVisions, he'll give you good info. He even helped me find some bags on ebay that would fit with the baggertail kit.

skian (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 04:23 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the cycle vision brackets on my 2016 slim. Had to flip the axle. You also have to make sure you use the left side spacer. I have the new style, 14 and up, bags. They fit just fine on the brackets. I will try and get some pics. I did try several of the less expensive brackets, off eBay,. They make good hangers on the wall. CV are the only way to go.

skian (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 04:23 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jimmy55TX
Thanks Leo, that's good to know about the 2016s.

1) Like the previous, do you know if the newer bags will fit with this mount?

2) CV says the exhaust needs to be below the axle nut. I see you installed them with a stock exhaust. Can you clarify how low below the axle nut the exhaust needs to be? Where is the top of your slipon in relation to the axle nut? A pic from the side would be great. I have the V&H Twin Slash and the top of the slipon, as viewed from the side, is just slightly below the center hole in the axle.

3) Do you see any problem with installing passenger floor boards with this setup?

Thanks

The newer bags do not fit a Heritage as far as I know. They may fit other softail models. Previous poster said he was able to get the newer bags to work. Hopefully he will post pics soon! Also, Randy at CycleVisions actually helped me find the right bags on ebay. He was really helpful.

I actually have Rinehart slipons but they are very similar to the stock pipes. The top of the Rinehart rear slip on is just slightly above the top of the axle nut. The pipes must be almost at the same height as the top of the axle nut.......

I have the stock passenger foot pegs and have not tried to install passenger floor boards.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by LeoGast; 01-22-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoGast
The newer bags do not fit a Heritage as far as I know. They may fit other softail models. Previous poster said he was able to get the newer bags to work. Hopefully he will post pics soon! Also, Randy at CycleVisions actually helped me find the right bags on ebay. He was really helpful.

I actually have Rinehart slipons but they are very similar to the stock pipes. The top of the Rinehart rear slip on is just slightly above the top of the axle nut. The pipes must be almost at the same height as the top of the axle nut.......

I have the stock passenger foot pegs and have not tried to install passenger floor boards.

I hope this helps.
I wonder why CV says BELOW the axle nut.

Anyway, are the bags you used OEM or knockoffs?

Thanks....this is all good info to clear up some misconceptions. Always good to see pics from someone who has done it.

Last edited by Jimmy55TX; 01-22-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:07 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser

i am using a heritage fender and struts on my slim, with the 14 style bags, fit just fine.

skian (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 05:30 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser

i am using a heritage fender and struts on my slim, with the 14 style bags, fit just fine.

Attached Thumbnails CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)-kimg0143.jpg   CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)-kimg0144.jpg   CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)-kimg0146.jpg   CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)-kimg0147.jpg  
skian (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 06:43 PM
LeoGast
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jimmy55TX
Anyway, are the bags you used OEM or knockoffs?
They are knockoffs but I think they are exact copies of the older OEM bags. Here is the link to the bags I bought on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261660116748...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

skian (01-22-2017)

Quick Reply: CycleVisions BaggerTail - Yes, they fit 2016 (with Pics)