Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about more mods. Input on air ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 05:44 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Thinking about more mods. Input on air ride?

When I got my Slim new I didn't plan on many mods. That has changed over the past couple winters. This year I finished the powder coating on the motor. Last summer I got Klock Werks fenders for the front and back and they were recently painted. They should be on this week sometime along with the Klock Werks Mentele bars.

Well someone suggested a Legend air ride. I never had air ride before. I was talking to one of my friends today about it and he said when he got his bike (guessing it came with an air ride) he said it was the first thing he took off. I am not sure what kind it was? I am looking for some thoughts and opinions on an air ride.

Right now I have Magnaflow exhaust. But with the look of the longer fenders we were thinking longer pipes might look better. Maybe Rinehart Churchills? I want something with a deeper tone and not super loud. I am open to suggestions.

Are there any seats from other Softail models that fit the Slim? Deluxe maybe?

I know it is my bike and I should so what I want. But I am looking for some thoughts. For some reason I cant get my pics to be larger and they are sideways.

PS. I have stock fender and I will have the stock bars for sale along with some Joker Machine mirrors.

Thanks
Eric

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about more mods. Input on air ride?-img_0136.jpg   Thinking about more mods. Input on air ride?-img_0139.jpg   Thinking about more mods. Input on air ride?-slim-1.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 10:47 PM
rbeamj
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You're going to get a lot of love for shotgun air ride shock set up as many people on here have it and love it.

I personally loke like the idea of air ride but think Arnott may be a better system as they use a single air shock made from a Goodyear airbag and the second is a real shock absorber made by the off-road shock manufacturer Fox.

I have not tested either system but in my humble opinion the shotgun system is great as you can change the ride firmness to control rebound; however, the Arnott system uses a shock the way it was meant to be used as a compliment to the spring.

Im still on the fence on what one I will eventually choose but both systems have lifetime warranties and both have their advantages and drawbacks.

The following users liked this post:
FFeric (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 11:16 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rbeamj
You're going to get a lot of love for shotgun air ride shock set up as many people on here have it and love it.

I personally loke like the idea of air ride but think Arnott may be a better system as they use a single air shock made from a Goodyear airbag and the second is a real shock absorber made by the off-road shock manufacturer Fox.

I have not tested either system but in my humble opinion the shotgun system is great as you can change the ride firmness to control rebound; however, the Arnott system uses a shock the way it was meant to be used as a compliment to the spring.

Im still on the fence on what one I will eventually choose but both systems have lifetime warranties and both have their advantages and drawbacks.
my dealer was the one that suggested the Legend. I will check out the others as well. Thanks

Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

I have Legend air ride on my Breakout and love it!!! The rides great, it airs up fast, and has handle bar controls for easy on the fly adjustment. It may be a little more $$$ then the shotgun shock, but in 2+ years I've had zero problems with mine, and I rarely hear of anybody having any problems with Legend!!! It also has a lifetime warranty....

Last edited by Rocker B; 02-27-2017 at 12:30 AM.
FFeric (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 12:36 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 337 Likes on 217 Posts

There are many, many, many, many, threads about air ride.
You've been a member on here for over 10 years with over 2,500+ posts and have missed them all?
C'mon dude, use the search function.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by S.D.M.F
There are many, many, many, many, threads about air ride.
You've been a member on here for over 10 years with over 2,500+ posts and have missed them all?
C'mon dude, use the search function.
I have used the search function for other things and I have to look through many threads that don't answer my question. And There were some other questions I asked. So if you search through my post you will see that. But thanks for your contribution

Last edited by FFeric; 02-27-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:29 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't use the regular search. Use the Advanced Search and search for "keywords" in the thread titles.

Another "hey guys, what should I do with my bike?"...man I am glad there isn't a riding "season" where I live.

Last edited by gregeinsc; 02-28-2017 at 07:46 AM.
FFeric (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Just an FYI, but I've found that as I have made my suspension better - yes, more love for the Shotgun Shock - it's opened up seating options a bit. My Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo while still not an 800 mile seat, is certainly good now for a couple hundred rather than just being a bar hopper.

FFeric (03-01-2017)