Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker c front end to a breakout cvo

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up Rocker c front end to a breakout cvo

the new breakout cvo,well not sure as a whole how I like the looks, it defiantly looks like a pro street, slipping away from that HARLEY look, any how I noticed they changed the tires and rims BIG TIME, in next month issue of American Iron, they did a nice spread, I was originally going to do a 21 front tire up front, now after reading article and a trip to the Harley dealer, im setting up a test ride this weekend, so I know what im dealing with from my rocker to the cvo breakout with 18 front and 16 rear, making for a MASSAVE rear tire, which I heard this combo, is killer for dicing thru the mountains, I LOVE TWISTIES ETC, I WANT MY BIKE TO ROLL THRU THEM WITH EASE, AND IF I GET JAMMED UP, KNOWING I CANT PUT FAITH INTO MY BIKE CAUSE I DID SUSPENSION RIGHT, IM AT THIS POINT OF BUILD,, AND SOME CAMS ETC, BUT THATS SMALL STUFF compared to new rims etc, with the stock rocker 19 front rim, how FAT a tire can I put on, FORGET the narrow front end, im looking into the cvo inverted front end, I dig it a lot....im not sure what the number really mean, sorry first Harley, many street bikes, but I never customized like this, pipes, etc and just rode till I almost died all the time. no fun...anyhow there slapping a 19 front rim, like mine, so worring about rake etc, shouldn't be that hard, as going to a 21'' there was just SO MUCH MEAT ON THOSE TIRES, I cant wait for the test ride, **** I might end up coming home with it, in all honesty,, 110 motor, pipe it, new seat, cams DONE.......kits a 33 rake with a 7.7 trail, the new cvo,, 43mm inverted forks are sweeeeet and the rubber for the front is a whopping 130/16/19, obviously the 19 rim size, how are they sizing the others, and can I get anywhere close to this with stock ROCKER C FRONT RIM?? again, forks will be changed, just want to know, as I was previously going 21, 3.5 wide etc...now im thinking of going with the geometry of the new cvo, guy called me again today, said he rode a last year breakout cvo, big difference, was making complete turns in the road, feet on pegs, little effort he said, and I asked about breakout non cvo he laughed??? I didn't know last year the cvo and standard had different rim/tire geometry, I im really interested in this, and if ride goes as expected, im all in, I could care less about a BIGGER front wheel for LOOKS, im a RIDER, we go thru BEAR mountain in NY runs, all the time, the rocker gets thru, but I have to use my skillset/...would be nice if bike wasn't fighting me, and to be honest, might be a smaller rim, but if you've seen one of these up close, that's not a small tire by anyone's means!!!!!! id like to leave my rear rim size if it makes that mkuch a difference, ill jst buy the cvo rim set, and chrome them, or southern etc etcd...lmk your thought please, this is going to be a big investment into my bike, btw I have the breakout rear end, fender on it, so I have a nice and slung low danny grey seat, but I wont be bumping off that ol rocker fender, got the strut style custom airbrushed<sick *** theme> red led for eyes, ok im off topic, if you own one PLEASE PLEASE CHIME IN ION THE RIDE, and if you can compare it a older cvo or breakout even better , sorry for the run on, I work a lot, and I have to make this decision within a week, I want new front end on within 2 weeks, than the cams etc, and ITS SPRING HERE....LOL EVEN THO WE GOT SNOW EVERYWHERE ILL BE JUST FINE

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 03-20-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

My eyes!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:16 AM
rquest
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Like I tell my wife, can't you cut that down to 2 or 3 sentences? the 2016 CVO Pro Street has the converted ft end and is awesome!

Last edited by rquest; 03-21-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Man that's hard to read!! lol... The stock 19 x 2.15 wheel will only handle up to a 100/90/19 tire.... so, you'll need a new wheel.

Last edited by Rocker B; 03-21-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:42 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Geeee......Tommy.....I saw that post and simply didn't bother reading it! That's an imposition. BTW....writing in capital letters is considered as YELLING!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 04:19 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Do I understand correctly that you're interested in putting a much wider front tire on your Rocker? If so, like Rocker B said, you'll need a wider front wheel.

I wouldn't anticipate any benefit in handling from changing the rear wheel.

Handling of the standard Breakout compared to the Rocker? I found that the Breakout required less countersteer to initiate a turn, but that the reduced ground clearance limited cornering speeds pretty seriously. I haven't ridden the latest CVO Breakout, or the "pro street", so can't comment on those.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 03-21-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

I can't comment on the Breakout as I've only ridden one, which is a 2016 standard BO. Just based on that I prefer my Rocker.

I have a lot of serious twisties where I live and burning through the canyons is one of the things I love to do. By all measures I'm pretty skilled at going through the curves. If reaching the max lean angle of my bike is scraping the foot pegs then that is common for me especially on right inside turns. I live in a regular neighborhood and have no problems turning around in the street, smoothly, with my feet on the pegs.

Personally, I love how my Rocker rides, especially in the canyons. I can't think of anything that I would want to enhance in that regard. Performance in torque and HP is the only thing I would want to improve.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:50 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

That's awesome your happy,what do you weigh? I'm 6'2 280 solid,lol,no seriouslly the front is way to soft for me,I need a bigger tire. And. Better suspension,I looked into hog haultera front ends which looks like I keep going back to them,NOTHING looks as good as these front ends,there beefy ,monotubes which is big for me,the rocker springs just can't handle ME ,as for the cryers on here GET OVER IT is this a Harley thread or a BARBIE THREAD,If you think I'm yelling ,you haven't heard **** yet than, ok that was to the few WHINERS on here,really surprised to see them on this forum,yuppies can ride too I guess hahaha, ok so I'm going to the Harley dealer today and see about that front rim and suspension ,inverted forks etc ,to be continued.,....

Old 03-22-2017, 03:53 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Also what does the 100/90/19 refer to I get the 19 the rim what are the other numbers representing on a tire?thanks for those that tried to help out

Old 03-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
Also what does the 100/90/19 refer to I get the 19 the rim what are the other numbers representing on a tire?thanks for those that tried to help out
The 1st number is the width in mm. The 2nd number is the aspect ratio, or ratio of height to width, so with a 100/90/19, the tire is 100mm wide x 90% or 90mm high, on the rim....and yes, 19 is the rim size.

Quick Reply: Rocker c front end to a breakout cvo