Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

floor board ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

saw those, want something like that but right at the front of the board

Old 03-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Crossbone Canuck
Cruiser
Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
saw those, want something like that but right at the front of the board

I am 6 feet tall and if the jack knife style I have was any farther forward they would not be very comfortable. With a LaPera bare bones seat on my Crossbones the pegs are right where my legs are stretched out but with just a bit of a bend

Old 03-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

i have an ultimate seat, puts me about 2 inches lower than stock, i'm 6'1 and can hang my feet off the front of the floor boards, which is why i want something there instead

Old 03-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Helloooo Dan

I just gave a set of the Kuryakyn flip blade floor boards away (for free). I was going to put them on my Lo, cuz my short legs cannot reach highway pegs.
I will give you 2 reasons I would not put them on my Lo:
- They were a very heavy board, solid, but heavy.
- The flip blade scraped easily on corners and the bottom corner of the board scraped with less effort than the stock boards.

Now, I cannot remember where I came across a functional setup like you are looking for, but if I remember correctly, there is a setup that will mount to the lower down tube of the frame that reaches out above your boards. If I figure out where I have seen them, I will let you know.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gommee
Helloooo Dan

I just gave a set of the Kuryakyn flip blade floor boards away (for free). I was going to put them on my Lo, cuz my short legs cannot reach highway pegs.
I will give you 2 reasons I would not put them on my Lo:
- They were a very heavy board, solid, but heavy.
- The flip blade scraped easily on corners and the bottom corner of the board scraped with less effort than the stock boards.

Now, I cannot remember where I came across a functional setup like you are looking for, but if I remember correctly, there is a setup that will mount to the lower down tube of the frame that reaches out above your boards. If I figure out where I have seen them, I will let you know.

Helllooo Scott, Rivco has what i think you're talking about, but it won't go low enough on the frame to be where i want the. i just want something right on the front edge of the boards. Me and a friend changed my bars today. i'll take a pic tomorrow when i have some sun light, i put bars froma wide glide on.. weird thing happened. we did the wiring and i went to connect the battery plus the lead for the pigtail line for a tender. each time i screwed the lead down it blew a number 15 fuse. so i have to tape it up and tuck it away

Old 03-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

The tender lead blowing a fuse? Strange?

I have 2 - 15 amp fuses. One is for accessories and the other is for the rest of the bike.
Which one blew? Does the fuse blow when just connecting the battery?

Old 03-26-2017, 07:30 AM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

This exactly what you are looking for http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/539...e-arm-mark-iii

Old 03-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gommee
The tender lead blowing a fuse? Strange?

I have 2 - 15 amp fuses. One is for accessories and the other is for the rest of the bike.
Which one blew? Does the fuse blow when just connecting the battery?
yeah, as soon as we connect the battery it blows. it's the battery fuse that blew, but when we would turn the bike on , only the head light, gas gauge and brake light would come on but only with the foot pedal. so then after two of them blew i said lets not hook the tender cord up, we put another fuse in and the bike started right up.. confusing right? because it didn't have a problem before

Originally Posted by pipeyeti
This exactly what you are looking for http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/539...e-arm-mark-iii
saw them, to far out. just gonna say screw it for now. but that's for looking for me

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-27-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:58 PM
threadstopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these might work for you, not cheap though https://peg-boards.com/ i also just hang my feet off the front of the floorboards.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

yeah, close but i want to keep my boards. just want something will attach to mine. but i like the idea of that size pad for my heel

Quick Reply: floor board ?