Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'99 Fatboy shock adj.?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 AM
vabubba
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Fatboy shock adj.?

I'm looking to lower my Fatboy and was going to order a lowering kit, but when I looked under there I see about 10-12 threads showing and a jamb nut. Are these adjustable? I think they are stock? Can I lower my bike with these or do I go ahead and order the kit?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Default RE: '99 Fatboy shock adj.?

The kit will only bring it down an inchand a bit,at best. I am not sure of your goal here, but my friend did the same thing to his FB and didn't like it because he scraped around corners after lowering the bike. He has since removed the kit and customed his seat and bars, to accommodate his height disadvantage, which he is much happier with.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:33 AM
vabubba
Tourer

I only want to go about an inch or so down. There are like I said about 10 - 12 threads and a jamb nut and I'm not sure if it can be powered like this, or do I need to buy the kit. Does your frind want to sell his kit?

Old 06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you intending to put forward controls on as well? If not, please note that my mate put a lowering kit on his and he scraped his floorboards so much the first ride that he immediately ordered forward controls. He is happy now but HATED the lowered rear with the stock floorboards.

Regards,
DeanO

Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 PM
michaelbarry
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a problem with scraping the floorboards so much as I do draggin' my damn longshots[:@] ...I drag the left floorboard occasionally but on the right side, the bottom pipe is bent a bit flat and scraped all to hell. I was told that the bike is lowered, and it does look it a bit..but I don't know how to tell for sure. I would like to raise it a bit, because i'm a fatty.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vabubba

I only want to go about an inch or so down. There are like I said about 10 - 12 threads and a jamb nut and I'm not sure if it can be powered like this, or do I need to buy the kit. Does your frind want to sell his kit?
My friend would probably sell his kit. I'm in Canada though, so shipping will be an additional cost. I can ask him if you like?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 PM
vabubba
Tourer

ORIGINAL: RACKnRAIL

ORIGINAL: vabubba

My friend would probably sell his kit. I'm in Canada though, so shipping will be an additional cost. I can ask him if you like?
That would be cool if you would do that for me. I would appreciate it! My zip is 23024. I'm not sure how much shipping would be. Thanks bro

Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 PM
vabubba
Tourer

Anybody got any ideas on this shock adjustment? I do believe they are stock shocks. Someone help a brother out.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:49 PM
shortfatboy
Banned

I wouldn't adjust the shocks, that is preload You're playin with there...I'd do the kit, because I don't think it'd drop a whole inch just moving the jam nuts...the ride kinda gets rough with the possibility of bottoming out being greater the lower You go...

Old 06-04-2007, 12:30 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

With the kit it will scrape on corners if you're not careful.

Quick Reply: '99 Fatboy shock adj.?