Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking out loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default thinking out loud

I guess this post is just me thinking out loud some times i like to say what i think. some times i think i am saying what i think but i think i am not thinking at all its just Zen if any of you know what Zen is then its not thinking at all its just flowing from the inner cortex with out any effort or thought at all. i also get like this after a few blunts with my pain killer chasers. Right now I think is a combo of both. I see a lot of deluxe owners trying to pass there bike off as something else like try to make people think its an older bike or some old model from the past removing the very things that give the deluxe its character. That's the last thing I want to do. When someone looks at my bike I want them to be able to tell its a deluxe because that's exactly what it is. That is why i have not changed the paint its the first key its a deluxe one of the first black and white Harley's put out in many years also the deluxe emblems are a stand out that its a deluxe. With every mod I made and I have made plenty my bike still has the core look of a deluxe there is no guessing and that's what I had in mind. I am not knocking any one for what they do to there bike I am just speaking out about my ride. I have my bike close to where i want to be with a few mods that I may have to have made as they are mot readily available. Yes, I can put a custom paint job on the bike I went this far but I want to keep the integrity of the bike in tack. I am not a flame guy or a mural type all though I was there many bikes ago the deluxe was built with the nostalgic look in mind and I think they did a decent job making it I also believe that the two tone deluxe has a little more of that nostalgic flavor. I am proud to be an owner of an 05 deluxe the first year they were made and to have a black and white paint job that Harley had not used for years. I cannot look at a deluxe and not like it or well maybe the pocket book looking one posted a week or so ago. But all kidding aside the deluxe is a sweet bike and Harley made a winner with the design. I have been riding for quite awhile got my first bike at the ripe old age of seventeen a brand new sporster known as the XLCH or a CH cost me $1650 came in in march rode it home with ice on the ground and had no where to put it no garage nothing it went in my bedroom until i got a place to keep it hacked the front fender back a bit and metal flaked it with a touch of black shadow and was riding high not to many seventeen year olds had a harley My late brother was a true biker in every sense and well there was no way i was escaping it nor did i want to. any way that was just some motor mouthing from nikonf8 picture attached

[IMG]local://upfiles/15715/C2160B330A564592B503C4BF071BA690.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-15-2007, 02:17 AM
darkside
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thinking out loud

One toke over the line sweet Jesus ,one toke over the line.[sm=outcold.gif]

Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

woooowww---I haven't had a blunt since August 1990-----before I joined the Army. I don't think I'll be revisiting blunts I just want to pass my deluxe off as being "mine"

Old 06-15-2007, 09:06 AM
bone2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=outcold.gif]

Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 AM
bearc.paw
Tourer

Thanks for speaking your peace, All for keeping the Bikes whatthey were meant to be , and for your scoot to be made your own......Ride Safe and Often....BearC.Paw.....

Old 06-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Weezie30
Tourer

Holy lack of paragraphs and capitalization Batman!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

DA no Rhodes Scholar here try the Mentzer Society page sure to be some proper English there

Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Hell I thought I was the only one that left school and joined the MARINE CORPS they taught me a lot of CHIT!! but not to write in paragraph form or Country Club manners, but they taught me where to sit in a club and how to know when it is time for CHIT to hit the fan and on the BLUNTS, no no no I got tired of waking up on the floor, no thank you please it only makes me sneeze and to keep a decent job, URINE TESTS!! PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/4FF11E537C804D428D5F0326BD0389BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This post deserves to be bumped!

Old 04-30-2023, 01:43 AM
hmcidc
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have to stop, get off and pick up the rear end and swing it around to go around a corner? In all seriousness that is a beautiful bike but I would really like to know how it corners with that exhaust. Looks like a mount for training wheels. Crap, I'm sorry, too much Delta 9.

Quick Reply: thinking out loud