Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Fuel Paks...????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM
site351
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Fuel Paks...????

I just bought my 07 Softtail Custom 3 weeks ago...and have a question about the new Vance and Hines fuel paks.
I bought the V and H Big Shots Staggered and they recommend their
new fuel paks to match up with the pipes...
since they cost less than half what Harley sells...I'm thinking about buying the V and H ...they are suppose to be a better set up...but then I don't want to install anything that would mess up my warranty...

anyone else using the Vance and Hines fuel paks..????

Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vance and Hines Fuel Paks...????

Try doing a search of this site; it seems to me I have seen many posts in the past from people who are not happy with the Fuel Pak. I personally don't care for V&H customer service.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
rik777
Cruiser

I installed V&H big shot staggerds,fuel pak and stage 1 on my 07 deuce. Like DaveJ said check the posts.....some get alot of popping between shifts and say that changing mode 23 setting from 16 to 50 fixes that. I do get a pop out the exhaust between shifts ...but only a couple times a week. For me the BSS were too tinny at idle and I just installed quiet baffles which make a nice difference at idle....also added some lower end torque. ...still loud on accell.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Power Commander.....

It's so easy it's like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....

I just installed V&H BS Longs, a stage 1 and a power commander. Installed the accelerator pump utility and the map accordingly. No back fires... no popping... no disatisfied customer. I luv the PC.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Buddy04284
Advanced

I would go V&H also. If you were to purchase the SERP you would only be able to choose Harley pipes, air intake kit or anything else.
So since you are going with V&H pipes, go with the power commander or fuel pak. But on another side. I have heard of a few guys whose harley computers burned out and harley would go good for them because they had installed something other than harley on it

Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence - I've got the BSS & Fuelpak - installed them myself, had not problems at all. I recently checked the V & H web site and got the latest codes for my map and re-calibrated the fuelpak. No problem.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

Vance and Hines tech's are lousy to deal with. I've talked to three different techs and I got three different answers to what program to use to dial in the Fuel-Pak for my bike and application. I was finally told, after much discussion that they don't have a map for my application and were unable to help me. I gave up and went with the Power Commander III. Been happy ever since. Maybe if they ever get thier act together, they'll have a great product.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bowtieman31

Vance and Hines tech's are lousy to deal with. I've talked to three different techs and I got three different answers to what program to use to dial in the Fuel-Pak for my bike and application. I was finally told, after much discussion that they don't have a map for my application and were unable to help me. I gave up and went with the Power Commander III. Been happy ever since. Maybe if they ever get thier act together, they'll have a great product.
Hey bowtie.... I heard that arlo song on the radio today over lunch as I was driving... funny as sheet that is.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
greybeard122
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

PCIII for me from FuelMoto. Gave them my set up and sent me the PC with the correct map. Plugged it in and no problems. The simpler the better for me. I have no experience with the Fuelpak, but what I've read on this forum, I don't want any. They do make great exhaust systems. That I do have.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

Hey lionsqrne, it is a great song, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Fuel Paks...????