Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got '07+PCIII+K&N+V&H with no O2's

Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Boot
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got '07+PCIII+K&N+V&H with no O2's

I had a dyno tune +PCIII + K&N Filter installed to a 07 flstc. The 02 sensors were disconnected from under the seat. There are wires hanging near the air filterfitted with a resistor.The engine light remained on but theHD dealer laterprogramed it to stay off using alap top.I had modifiedstock pipes on. All the above seems not carefully or expertly made. Is this the normal procedure for PC's on 07's? I have just purchased V&H Big Shots Long pipes and would greatly appreciate right advice on having thebike properly set up with out all the disconnections, or is that it?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
T_Rob666
Banned
Default RE: Anyone got '07+PCIII+K&N+V&H with no O2's

Well, I just went through this a couple of weeks ago. First of all, PCIII is designed NOT to use your O2 sensors; they provide O2 sensor eliminators. If you bought "07" pipes with the O2 sensor bung hole, then you will have to find something to plug it up with...I used the old O2 sensor and just hid the wires. DO NOT CUT THE WIRES OF YOUR O2 SENSOR...YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT!!

Once you get your new pipes, load the new map for the PCIII onto your laptop (you can get it from Power Commander's site) and then you should be rolling. Pretty simple.

Tim

Old 06-26-2007, 11:58 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As above, u will need to sensor eliminators (o2) if you are in the US or 4 sensor eliminators if you are in Australia or Europe (active exhaust and air intake). Plugging these in will make the engine light go out with having to program it not to.

Regards,
Dean

Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Boot
Advanced

I see, thanks, so I leave everything hanging there onboard butdisconnected. I wonder why 02's are not part of the PCIII set-up. I'll just leave it to theones that knowto tear bits off it as long as the bikegoes alright, looks good and feel alright!
My previous Harley was a 1976 Sportster in 1983. Some things changed some things don't.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
T_Rob666
Banned

Well, most people are not happy about the O2's because they limit your choice in pipes. With the PCIII (having O2 eliminators), you have a MUCH bigger choice in pipes, because now you don't have to worry about the O2 sensors.

T

Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 PM
YTHOG
Cruiser

I do. Put on V&H Big Shots Staggered and eliminated the O2 sensors. Put the PC III and S/E air cleaner with a K&N high flow filter. I had mydealer dothe install. I gained 16% in Horse Power and 20% in Torque. You can't believe how much better the bike performs now. I'm really glad I used this setup. It's worked out great for me.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
GreyBear
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

As above, u will need to sensor eliminators (o2) if you are in the US or 4 sensor eliminators if you are in Australia or Europe (active exhaust and air intake). Plugging these in will make the engine light go out with having to program it not to.

Regards,
Dean
I have a european bike and just ordered the PCIII her in the US. It comes with the O2 eliminators for the exhaust, but where do I get the eliminators for the air intake? Anybody an idea?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 AM
SmokinEd
Advanced

Ditto to the above, just installed PCIII, took out the O2 sensors with the eliminators, and I have to tell you, the difference is amazing. I'm looking to pull the sensors and wirign and just put in a plug. I'm sure they are out there. Not very "green" but dammit, the bike runs as I think it should with all kinds of torque and power.

o2 cents,

Eddie

Old 08-18-2007, 07:37 AM
ybn533
Advanced

Let me see if i got you right...

When I'll put the PCIII + Arlen Ness a/c + Rush slip ons I'll have to connect the O2 elimentorsand THE ENGINE LIGHT WILL GO ON FOR GOOD?

Can I set the stage 1 without disconecting the O2 so the engine light won't go on?

I don't want the engine light to on and I don't think the dealer here in Israel will knowhow to program the

bike not to turn engine light (they don't know how to put PCIII on harley )

Thanks for your advice

Old 08-18-2007, 07:52 AM
crock921
Road Captain

so as long as you plug in the o2 eliminators, the engine light will stay off? I do not want to have to ride around with the light on either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone got '07+PCIII+K&N+V&H with no O2's