Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pullback risers for Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pullback risers for Night Train

(Sorry for a "double post" ... i mistakenly put it on the Sportster forum first ... so here goes again)

Hi all. Writing on behalf of hubby who works too much ... He is trying to find pullback risers, height of at least 6 inches, and pullback of 3". He can find ones with the right height, but not enough pullback. Any ideas? We've done the e-bay thing, we scoured a huge swap meet this weekend. He bought some bars tha had a "built in" riser, but just doesn't like them. So I'm trying to help him find what he's looking for. AND .. the other thing is ... most of the places we find them online list the height, but NOT the pull back. Can you believe it? And on ebay, I wrote one seller asking if he could please tell me what the pullback was. His reply .... "no". Geez.

Any links, suggestions, etc?

Thanks.
Perch (for hubby, Catfish57)

Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
seaflea
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pullback risers for Night Train

I am in the same boat. Looking for something to get more comfort out of the stock bars. So far I have found most risers are 2" pull back and have 6" in height. Right now, I am looking at aset of bars with integrated risers on Ebay. Anything is better athn what I have now. I like the loks of my bars now, but they are so uncomfortable afteracouple hours of riding.

I will let you know if I get anything worthwhile....

Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Try looking in the HD Accessory's web site under handlebars. Just pick any bar and when you have the page up look for the little line that says Handlebar Measurements Comparison Chartthat will bring up a new page with all the bars that Harley sells with all the measurments. You can print it out and use it to compare the different part numbers agains't the chart to see what you have to findwhat you want/need and go from there.
Some of the better setup web sites, like Chubbscan show you a pic of your bike with any of their bars on it. They (and there are others) also list the rise and pull back of all their products.
Good Luck looking, handlebars are one of those parts that there seems to be no end of variations to choose from.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
jbt
Tourer

I also needed less 'stretch', so after looking high and low, I ended up with Deuce risers, and an XL1200 bar. That gave me a higher bar with more pullback (sorry, no measurements) over stock. It made the bike much more comfortable. Hope this helps some.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Pops28
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm short ( 5"7") and the stock 4" risers on my night train just weren't cutting it. I tried the HD Night TRain bars that bring the handles back 5", but I hated the look (see my photo gallery) yet still needed some releif.

I found some 9.5" pullbacks from J&P
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...ley&page=3
which seemed way over the top, but they actually bring the bars back exactly where I want them and retain the bad-*** drag bar. In addition, it makes the forks look longer and leaner from the front.

check them out. It was the perfect option for me.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
BrendanGTStang
Cruiser

I just installed the Deuce risers on my 07 Train. They are a 6" rise with 1" pullback, factory drag bar. I don't think you could have any more pullback then that without switching the handlebars and/or picking a taller riser. I say this because when I turn the bars all the way to left, the nut holding on the mirror rubs the gas gauge, and all the way to the right, the throttle cable rubs on the gas cap, and did put a small ding in the top of the gas cap. This isn't really a big deal to me though because I plan on installing the flush-mount gas cap & gaugeover the winter. It seems like if there was any more pullback in the risers there would be some heavy contact with the handlebars and the gas cap & gauge, and possibly the top of the risers and the top of the dash panel, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately I didn't get any good pics of the risers before I came back to school, but I did attach a couple so you get an idea of what they look like.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19970/27DE9C84F3294030AAC6B37B440AC062.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19970/DA26369D50BF4FC5B766C5207E5A98D8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Try Badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com. They make THE risers you are lookin fo!