Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decel flutter???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
05flstndeluxe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decel flutter???

I've recently purchased two new sets of pipes (V&H Big Shots Staggered and Hooker Rebel Longs) trying to get rid of the flutter from my exhaustwhile I'm down shifting. Will anything else cause this like a stock air filter or maybe the cams? These are some of the ideas that people say may cause it, but I wasn't too sure... I'm trying to find the drag-back soundinstead of this flutter crap. I've tried with and without baffles on both sets.Does anyone have any ideas or insight on this subject???

Old 09-25-2007, 05:45 AM
pepperhead
Stage IV
Default RE: decel flutter???

try a stage 1 kit and find someone who has a race tuner kit installed. thats the sound you are looking for.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Peg_legs
Advanced

an exhaust leak could cause it. I just reinstalled my pipes and it improved greatly

Old 09-25-2007, 06:11 AM
05flstndeluxe
Novice

I did forget to mention that mine is a carb bike, not fuel injected. What all is involved in the stage-1 kit for a carb bike? Would just a K&N replacement element do or would I need the whole deal?
Thanks for the help...

Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Trya #46 pilot jet. Fast idle speed and Lean slow speed jet (stock jetting)will cause this as well as exhaust leaks.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:11 AM
05flstndeluxe
Novice

I did have a problem with a small exhaust leak, I'll get more gaskets and try to fix that problem. So you think a high-flow air filter and jetting will get rid of the flutter and get me the drag-back sound that I'm searching for?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 AM
corey01
6th Gear

www.bigcitythunder.com

Try their Monster Baffle, they say it gets ride of that flutter, better sound and improved performance. give it a shot. I did and can't wait to get them in my Vance and Hines BR.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:58 AM
05flstndeluxe
Novice

I just listed my V&H BSS on ebay, will these baffles work on the Hooker Rebel Longs? I did have these monsterbaffles in my V-Rod with Rineharts. They did sound great...

Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
05flstndeluxe
Novice

corey01
Did you ever receive your baffles? Just wondering if the how they worked for you... I guess I need to get mine re-jetted next. I recently added the Stage 1 K&N filter kit and nothing changed. I'm about to run out of options here! I'm really beginning to wonder if the TC88 will give me that drag-back sound I'm looking for on decel... Still open for opinions.

Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 PM
Ben Kondek
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05flstndeluxe
I've recently purchased two new sets of pipes (V&H Big Shots Staggered and Hooker Rebel Longs) trying to get rid of the flutter from my exhaustwhile I'm down shifting. Will anything else cause this like a stock air filter or maybe the cams? These are some of the ideas that people say may cause it, but I wasn't too sure... I'm trying to find the drag-back soundinstead of this flutter crap. I've tried with and without baffles on both sets.Does anyone have any ideas or insight on this subject???

Did you ever get this resolved? Having the same issue and it’s driving me insane!

Quick Reply: decel flutter???