Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Softcat07
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Relocation Kit

Has anyone done this mod of moving the front turns to the forks.I am considering doing it and also changing to smoke lenses.

HD part #58742-05

Later

Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Turn Signal Relocation Kit

I have, its not hard. But I would have used the other ones that clamp on the fork tubes instead.

Like these from Kuryakyn; PN=2286 (41mm)

Here's what the one's you found look like on my bike.

Sorry its not the best picture, but you get the idea. Its better than the stock setup, but they dostickout farther than I like.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
gquist
Intermediate

Not tring to hijack the post but maybe it will help both of us, Citoriplus is it difficult to remove the stock wiring from the handlebar mounted signals? I ordered a lightbar, signal relocation (to the lightbar, bullet style) and a headlamp nacelle, The nacelle is backordered till the 30th so I mounted the lightbar and signals but have not wired them yet, I don't feel like removing the tank twice to access the connector for the t\s wiring,
Did you have to take the throttle and clutch grips apart? Is the t\s wiring in a seperate loom inside the bars or is it together with all the other wires in the bars, Thanks.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:08 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

gquist,
Its not a problem, we like to answer all the questions if its possible.
The wires to the turn signals are external to the the handlebar controls on my bike and seperate from the others. So its easy to seperate them from the rest. They just went through the same "holders" on the handlebars. Just pop the black wire holders out of the bars and the wires come right out.
I also didn't have to dismount the tank when I did mine. I just rerouted the wires and used a pair of wire ties, zip ties whatever you want to call them to tie up the excess wire length just under the front of the tank.
If your wires go through your bars, I'm afraid your going to have a more involved process. First you'll need to pull the tank off to find the connector (if your lucky its under the speedo) to find where they are connected. Pull it out and disassemble the connector so they will fit through the holes in the bars and out through thebars up by, or under the switch housings.
One tip is if that's what your facing is to put a little tape around the connector ends to keep them from hanging up inside on something and damaging the ends.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
gquist
Intermediate

Thanks for the info, I just went and looked closely and my wires are inside the bars and come out in the center of the bars between the risers, Then continue under the tank where I asume the connector is located, I guess I will wait for the Nacelle to show up before taking it apart, Getting cold up here in Minnesota so i will have plenty of time to do it shortly, Thanks again!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

Sorry I couldn't help you out any better. But like you said, mod season is coming soon for us poor saps in the north. I think there are going to be alot of bike's in pieces this year.

Ride Safe, while you can. [sm=biker2.gif]