Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe stock seat

Old 09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
harleybiker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe stock seat

I recently changed out my Deluxe stock seat as I was only able to ride around fifty miles before some serious butt burn. How do you guys keep your stock seat on and ride for miles and miles? Thanks.

hb

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe stock seat

Highway pegs on an engine guard help because you are able to change your butt position on the seat.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 AM
VetteSiNz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine re-upholstered...reshape and change the foam with a memory foam.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleybiker

I recently changed out my Deluxe stock seat as I was only able to ride around fifty miles before some serious butt burn. How do you guys keep your stock seat on and ride for miles and miles? Thanks.

hb
Wait.. you changed the Stock Seat to something else and only can ride 50 miles? What did you change it to .. a Phone Book?

Put a Heritage Springer seat on and you will be able to ride until you run out of gas...

Mike
NY

Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike NY

hb
Wait.. you changed the Stock Seat to something else and only can ride 50 miles? What did you change it to .. a Phone Book?

Put a Heritage Springer seat on and you will be able to ride until you run out of gas...

Mike
NY
No. I think he meant he could only ride 50 miles with the stock seat. I tossed mine the first week I had the bike. I can't think of one person I know with a Harley that sits on a stock seat. It's gotta be the most replaceD item on an HD.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: King FLH

ORIGINAL: Mike NY

hb

Mike
NY
No. I think he meant he could only ride 50 miles with the stock seat. I tossed mine the first week I had the bike. I can't think of one person I know with a Harley that sits on a stock seat. It's gotta be the most replaceD item on an HD.
Yeah, I caught that after I posted, just didn't go back and update my reply.

I tried to like the Stock seat but....it had to go.

Mike
NY

Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

HD is in the market to make money and as such they are always trying to figure out a way to sqeeze an extra buck out of you. Quite a few years ago they got the bright idea to put the crappiest seat they could make on the bike so you would turn around and spend more money for a decent seat. If you read the forums at least half the people bought another seat from Harley and the rest from aftermarket, which if the truth be known, probably gave Harley a kickback for all the extra business they received.
I replaced my seat as soon as I could.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:53 AM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent my stock seat out to americanasoftseats.com. They did a great job of putting a gel pad into the seat, then covering with memory foam, then the stock seat cover. Looks great & I can ride forever.

CJ

Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
elkhorn
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2007 Deluxe 6'2 200 lbs What seat to move me back and maybe up a little?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went down to local auto uphostery shop last week, has done many motorcycle seats. Over the winter, will be reworked and reshaped similar to what americanasoftseats.com do. Great guy, told me take it home and try it to see if that's what you want, then we'll button it up. Will be much cheaper than buying a Corbin, Mustang, etc. I had a Corbin solo which was nice, but I also like the look of the Deluxe seat. My thinling to is that the Corbin drop you down andback another 1" or so. I Can have this guy build seat up and possibly a little more back support that way I like it.

just my .02 cents....