Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable seat for 07 Heritage ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 02:29 PM
MotorUnit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most comfortable seat for 07 Heritage ??

Guys

Looking for the MOST comfortable (long trips)seat for my 07 Heritage. Looking into Corbin, Le Pera, Mustang etc. Please if you could give me brand and model # . thank you......

Manny

Old 09-28-2007, 02:32 PM
SmokinEd
Advanced
Default RE: Most comfortable seat for 07 Heritage ??

I did an almost exact post about two months ago on this forum. Hands down for comfort the consensus was Mustang.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
MotorUnit
Intermediate

Ed,

what was the model number for the mustang seat ?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta mustang and absolutely love it.. The corbin tour style seat may also be nice, but you really gotta plant thy booty on one to really know for sure... I can say the mustangs are designed for MILES.. and a lot of them with minimal monkey-butt, as they call it.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
willie37
Cruiser

[:'(] I wish i knew what was the best seat for a bike. We bought a 2005 Heritage Classic new in 05 and could only ride two up for 35 miles beforeour butts hurt bad. Ordered a new Mustang seat with back rest for the driver and it looked great, we could now go about 100 before we had more pain than we could stand. We took the bike to a custom seat maker and he reworked both of them and we did go 350 one day but we were ready to get off by 250 or so. My seat got to hurting me so bad i took it back and had him redo it again. I have had gel pads and pro pads and sheep skins on top and they do help but its still not right so now i am going to another custom seat maker and having it redone again and i think now i know what will work. All the other bikes i have ever owned were never good for long distance because of the way you leaned over the tank to ride them. Our Harley is like a rocking chair and i could almost go to sleep if it wern't for the seat. It seems what works for one guy may or may not work for someone else. I am going to have leather this time as i think it breaths better in hot weather. I keep telling myself its only money.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems what works for one guy may or may not work for someone else.
Exactly.

I must have the "average" butt that HD designs its seats for. I can ride 1000 plus miles a day on the stock 03 Heritage and 06 Ultra seat.

I have watched others go on an endless saga in search of the perfect seat.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been running on Mustang seats for years. For me, they are the best! I've ridden well over 100K miles on the Mustang seat. I wouldn't own a bike without one. I didn't even take my '07 Heritage of the lot without changing the seat. To find the correct part number, and see the selection, check out their website.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a Le pera seat for short runs but anything longer got a Corbin classic solo with pillion and rider backrest.Very happy with it.
I believe the Corbins are leather and the Mustangs are not if that makes a difference to you.Mate has a Mustang on his RKC and he is happy with it.
From what i have heard the Mustangs sit a bit higher and the corbins you sit in it more but plenty of posts on the forums about this topic and both have good reports.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer

Check out these folks............ http://www.meancitycycles.com/. They are HDForums sponsors and have gotten lots of good reviews here.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Kevinc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget C&C they are a sponsor of the forum.

Quick Reply: Most comfortable seat for 07 Heritage ??