Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to go with for lowering a softail

Old 09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to go with for lowering a softail

Looking for opinions on what company and product to go with for lowering my Deuce.
I want something thats adjustable, but I dont need air ride adjustment or anything. Basically looking to see what company you guys would go with. What provides the best look, best ride but yet wont kill my wallet!
Thanks guys!!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What to go with for lowering a softail

http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...210&cs=All

Burly lowereing Kit. Does not require you to disasseble shocks. $100.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ness rear lowering bolt then the two inch lowering kit from white brothers. but dont go too drastic on the back imo keep it less than 2 incheson the rear or you will have many clearance issues while turning. I first slammed my rearbut it was horrible kept scaping pipes and primary cover now its only about2inches lower but the key to everything was lowering the front also it gives it a much better ride overall than just the backi think its because of the shocks. theres still a potential to scrape a bit but not nearly as much as before i also think lowering the frontit took slight sprung weight off my rear and thats the most improvement and the wife thinks it rides better.also I am 160lb but have ridden it when i was 180lb but if you arealot more than that i would recomendkeepingthe rear at about 1 to 1 and a half inch lower. IF your know how tod the work yourself it will be very cheap you can find the ness kit for about 50 or less on ebay abd the white brothers kit for about 125or less. but dont have a dalership do it find a small shop around where you liveget a price before they install it someshop will charge as little as 140 to do the work but 200 is fair. it will dramatically improve your ride but take in mind the pipes you got some dont give you enough clearanceat stock hieght i had that problem with D&D fatcats but any pipe without a big collector should be goodhope this helped
P

Old 09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: serge627Looking for opinions on what company and product to go with for lowering my Deuce.
I want something thats adjustable, but I dont need air ride adjustment or anything. Basically looking to see what company you guys would go with. What provides the best look, best ride but yet wont kill my wallet!
Thanks guys!!
I just slammed my rear end with Progressive 422s. I'm probably gonna raise them back up a .5" or so. These shocks have independent preload / ride hight adjustments. I haven't tuned them yet, but I will say the drop when lowering them all the way is pretty drastic. I got mine at www.phatperformanceparts.com

Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: YEFFRO12

ORIGINAL: serge627Looking for opinions on what company and product to go with for lowering my Deuce.
Thanks guys!!
I just slammed my rear end with Progressive 422s. I'm probably gonna raise them back up a .5" or so. These shocks have independent preload / ride hight adjustments. I haven't tuned them yet, but I will say the drop when lowering them all the way is pretty drastic. I got mine at www.phatperformanceparts.com
Same shocks and dealer. These are some nice shocks. If you want just appearance go with the bolts of the lowering kits but if you spend a little more you're better off getting some improved shocks with adjustability. I would strongly sugggest getting different springs for the front at the same time.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 PM
07NT
Tourer

422's here as well

Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Progressive 422 from Phatperformance, lowered my bike and improved the ride over the stock shocks.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

422"s along with front lowering springs from progessive...... SWEET

Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went with a wild1 kit to OEM shocks.

Are those 422's a significant improvement?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Arlen Ness kit on my Deuce when I had it, and went with the same thing on my Softail Custom.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to go with for lowering a softail