Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with V&H Big Radius

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
CraigW
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with V&H Big Radius

Hi all, I recently bought a set of V&H Big Radius from Ebay and when they arrived they are to fit a later model than mine (with 02 sensor, mine is an 04 Fatboy without 02 sensor) and given the trouble I had getting them delived I dont want to have to send them back - now my question: can I just plug the holes in the pipes where the sensor would go with a bolt or something and if so, what size and thread? I have been told it is a weird arsed thread of some sort...hope you can help, Thanks again,

Craig

Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Trouble with V&H Big Radius

Should be able to use them, you just need a short 18mm bolt to fill up the holes.All O2 sensors use the same 18mm thread size and many auto parts stores carry them as a stock item. So you should be able to call a couple and get a pair, or failing that you can just puck up a pair of short bolts from any old hardware store.
Get Stainless steel bolts and copper washers if you can, that way they won't rust up on you and look like hell in a couple of months

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What country are you in? If not in the US, it is VERY hard to find the right thread as it is an American thread and not imperial OR metric so if you are outside of the US you will probably have to order some bolts from there to do the job! I have heard a few people on here say that they used a sump plug out of a Chev or similar to block the hole.

DeanO

ORIGINAL: CraigW

Hi all, I recently bought a set of V&H Big Radius from Ebay and when they arrived they are to fit a later model than mine (with 02 sensor, mine is an 04 Fatboy without 02 sensor) and given the trouble I had getting them delived I dont want to have to send them back - now my question: can I just plug the holes in the pipes where the sensor would go with a bolt or something and if so, what size and thread? I have been told it is a weird arsed thread of some sort...hope you can help, Thanks again,

Craig

Old 10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

dmac,
I believe that he lives in Houston TX, but even if he lived somwhere outside the US I believe that all O2 sensors use the same 18mm tread size.
Its somekind of international envionmental thing that all vehicles use the same size part. They are not all the same in sensativity or heater wattage, but the thread size seems to be universal.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
CraigW
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic Gentlemen, thankyou heaps for your help! I am an Aussie transplanted to Houston...for work, although I have now met a Texan grrrllll so I may be staying quite some time....and, the riding and the hospitality is amazing! Thanks again,

Craig