Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness Big Shot

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Arlen Ness Big Shot

Just ordered the Arlen Ness Big Shot for 2007 Big Twins and a K&N air kit from Phat Performance. Was gonna get a TFI, but had read about pop on decel problems with the Rush 2.0 slip ons, which is what I have. I called George at Dobeck to ask him about that, and he suggested the Big Shot. He said that Techlusion/Dobeck makes them and that they are the latest TFI technology. They now remove fuel as well as add it, to correct pop on decel problems. He promised I wouldn't be sorry. I'll let you know how it turns out, if anyone is interested.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Arlen Ness Big Shot

Well, I installed the Arlen Ness Big Shot and a K&N rk-3909 filter kit on my 07 Heritage. It runs like a completely different bike. If my oil temp gage is correct, it also runs about 35 deg. cooler than it used to. I had a pop on decel when I first took it out but I made one slight adjustment and it went away. We went to Palomar Mountain today which is about 6200 ft. elevation and it ran perfectly. Much more response and power, and a lot of the little noises that it used to make when it got hot, went away. Also now starts on the first crack, which it didn't always do before, when it was warmed up. The big Shot comes with preloaded settings for a bike with modified exhaust and air filter, but the 6 modes of adjustment let you fine tune it for your bike. There is a decel mode that you can add fuel to the stock ECM setting which is the one I monkied with to get rid of the pop. I was mistaken in the previous post because you can't subtract fuel only add. The install was however not 60 minutes like the instructions said. At least not for me. It wasn't that it was complicated, it's not. It's just that some of the places on my bike were hard for me to get my big fingers in to hook things up. It took me about 2 hours. The K&N filter kit however was very easy, about 20 minutes. I read everything I could about fuel managers on this forum and other places for 2 months and decided the Arlen Ness/TFI would be best for my particular needs. After about 300 miles on it, I know I made the right decision...rare for me. I work for the motorcycle division of a very big aftermarket company, so the K&N was a no brainer. That is all we use, and not because they give us the best price, but because the consensus is that they are the best.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 AM
N3LsToNe
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How did you tune the popping out of decel? is that the yellow/blue setting?