Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce Solo Seat Fender Panel??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deuce Solo Seat Fender Panel??

Guys
I want to put a HD solo seat on my Deuce, but that would leave the beautiful three holes under the stock seat visible on the rear fender. I know that Harley used to sell a panel to cover these holes, for those that ran a solo seat. But apparently its been discontinued. What options do I have here? I have searched around and cannot find another place that makes or sells a panel to cover these holes. I am trying to avoid having to remove the fender and have the holes filled and then repaint.
Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
spikehyre
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deuce Solo Seat Fender Panel??

Chilhowee Leather or Mustang both make leather bibs to cover the area.....both are nice products.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
serge627
Road Master

I was kind of hoping for something paint matched, similar to the Harley part.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
rik777
Cruiser

Got the mustang bib with my danny gray solo. looks good

Old 10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen some metal or plastic ones painted to match. looks good

Old 10-06-2007, 02:46 AM
beepo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just posted this reply in another thread.
[blockquote]quote:

"Just recieved my corbin Solo seat for my 07 Deuce. do you all have any recomendations for covering the rear fender holes ? Any fender bibs to recommend ? "
[/blockquote]

A preivous owner had a Deuce style backrest on my Fatboy. I picked up a Corbin Hollywood solo off ebay for next to nothing (I almost felt guilty about the price) and covered the holes with plastc push-in style panel trim pins from the local Auto Zone. They're shiny black with a smooth, low profile that matches the fender. IMHO it's a better look than the bibs. I sometimes switch back to the two up stock seat and it's nothing to pull them out, they're only a few bucks.

Also -- Love the Corbin seat. It sits lower and has a better profile than stock. My only issue with it is that it doesn't always keep mestrapped induring launch, I mean acceleration...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42050/25546F5159D64A0BBAD538C5D1A8B68F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 AM
TraumaKing
Banned

www.hogdeluxe.com

Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 AM
serge627
Road Master

ORIGINAL: beepo

I just posted this reply in another thread.

[blockquote]quote:

"Just recieved my corbin Solo seat for my 07 Deuce. do you all have any recomendations for covering the rear fender holes ? Any fender bibs to recommend ? "
[/blockquote]

A preivous owner had a Deuce style backrest on my Fatboy. I picked up a Corbin Hollywood solo off ebay for next to nothing (I almost felt guilty about the price) and covered the holes with plastc push-in style panel trim pins from the local Auto Zone. They're shiny black with a smooth, low profile that matches the fender. IMHO it's a better look than the bibs. I sometimes switch back to the two up stock seat and it's nothing to pull them out, they're only a few bucks.

Also -- Love the Corbin seat. It sits lower and has a better profile than stock. My only issue with it is that it doesn't always keep mestrapped induring launch, I mean acceleration...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42050/25546F5159D64A0BBAD538C5D1A8B68F.jpg[/IMG]
Thats a interesting thought. I may try that and see how it looks, my bike is cobalt blue and silver though so the part where the 3 holes are is silver. It may stand out a bit, but I guess I would have to see it.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
jungle
Novice

I had the same issue when I bought a Solo Brawler seat earlier this year. I ordered the seat and the panel at the same time and when the seat arrived and the panel didn't I tried every dealer in the US to find some old stock but no luck. I bought a bib from Mustang for $30 which was better than nothing, at first I was still looking for a painted cover to match my 2003 but now I really like the bib. I will take some pics tonight and post them for you. Mustang were great to deal with also.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:38 PM
grump
6th Gear

bike&nbsp\\; looks good how much&nbsp\\; 4 the seat&nbsp\\; i have&nbsp\\; 05 deuce&nbsp\\; putting&nbsp\\; 16 apes&nbsp\\; on her&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Deuce Solo Seat Fender Panel??