Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BATTERY TENDER

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:09 AM
WaterHog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BATTERY TENDER

I have the HD smart charger (charged light is green, not, light is red), with the tender cables permitly attached.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: voyager1

Did you guys all put that lead off the battery that comes wth the charger so you do not have to remove the seat ? I have the tender plus. nice unit .
I have the waterproof version from these guys (for no particular reason) and did install their jumper to my battery. I zip-tied any excess length back on itself, so now it is a simple plug-in after backing my bike into the garage.

BTW this company (Battery Tender)is in my area outside of Daytona, they've always been there. They make every charger model right here in Florida; truely an American made product!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Now that is cool !

Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Yep,

Leader cable is attached to the battery. Only way to go.

MikeM

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Ezy_43
Cruiser

Does anyone know if the plug under the seat is for a battery tender?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Is there a plug under seat ? hmmm...

Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a heads-up.....

Aparently Harley is shipping new bikes already wired with one of their jumper-plugs already dangling ahead of the oil tank on the left side (regarding my FB anyway). It is a wider plug that is compatible with the HD battery charger.

My jumper that came with the Battery Tender (brand name) had a narrower plug. I took the the HD jumper off, and put the Tender's jumper in the same place. Real easy to connect to your battery with goof-proof labels on the terminal leads so that the polarity doesn't get reversed. The one-way only plug connects easily between the jumper and Tender and you'll never think about polarity again.

There are numerous brands of chargers out there, never buy one with more than 850 milli-amps of juice or you'll cook your battery. (BTW, most of them on the market ARE rated correctly for motorcycle batteries). Will work great on keeping a healthy car battery going too, but you'd have to leave it plugged in for a couple of days if you put it to work on a weak and aging car battery.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:30 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Just put my leads on that comes with the tender..none from the factory... Looks like ride season done here till sometime in march... Long time !!!!!!!! Even snow and cold here often in March... Never know about April really. Mite be tons of rain .

Just rode bike to the gas station to top off for the winter... dang my face got cold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
aliandray
Cruiser

My dealer here in the UK always used to fit a charger lead to all new bikes - don't know if they still do. I have useda tenderfor 2 years now (ever since I flattened the battery) with no issues at all and its left on all the time. Great products for the price.

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

Aparently Harley is shipping new bikes already wired with one of their jumper-plugs already dangling ahead of the oil tank on the left side (regarding my FB anyway). It is a wider plug that is compatible with the HD battery charger.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Battery Tender lead is a standard two prong lead available at auto parts stores so you can make your own accessory harnesses. I hooked up some Chrstmas lights to mine for a Parade last night. Some have hooked up their heated riding gear also.

You can find the leads in the trailer harness section.

Quick Reply: BATTERY TENDER