Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Inverted Front End

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
TurtleRacing
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Inverted Front End

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

It doesn't help one bit. Are you saying marzocchi is made in China now? You don't work on softails? What do you work on?
I see where this is going. I am sorry to have tried to help all members out. I will not do that again. Sorry please excuse the post TurtleRacing. This post was made in responce to beaureed445, the origional author.

Apparently you don't see where this is going. I'm asking if the Marzocchi's are Chinese made, it's very important to me, I am an American Tool & Die MAker and I have a side business as an American manufacturer in aniche market that is being invaded by cheap Chinese crap, so Chinese parts strike a very deep cord with me. I am very interested in inverted forks and would like a straight answer.

I am also asking what you work on? Not a hard question, you said you don't work on softails, what do you work on?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head rake is 32* on a softail, with 2* rake in the standard and custom trees. The fat front ends (fatboy, heritage, etc...), have no rake in the trees.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain

Check out his website in his signature, they do work on Harleys just not the soft tail specifically.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:20 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Well... Ill take a pic of my triple trees on the inverted front end with the OBVIOUS rake between the tubes and the neck. One of the required parts is a 2" longer brake line.... cause the front end is 2" longer due to a little more rake!

The Marcochhi front end is NOT made in China! lol! Ill tell Marcochhi you said that

Old 12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ybn533

I have inverted fork on my NT.

It handles better/ feels like "heavier" front.

it makes the handlebars closer and higherto you. thats make the ride more comftrable.

I havn't desided if it's look beter...my problem is that my bike is denim black and the forks are vivid black.

I think it doesn't "flow" with the"total look"of the bikeif you know whatI mean.

what do you think?

[IMG]local://upfiles/38589/763DEE403DAB4661858ACBC527FD3938.jpg[/IMG]
In response to the look of your bike, I think it looks great. Dont worry about the denim not flowing with the forks. The forks being vivid flows with the frame of the bike, in my opinion it looks very good!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:26 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

ORIGINAL: donk_316

Well... Ill take a pic of my triple trees on the inverted front end with the OBVIOUS rake between the tubes and the neck. One of the required parts is a 2" longer brake line.... cause the front end is 2" longer due to a little more rake!

The Marcochhi front end is NOT made in China! lol! Ill tell Marcochhi you said that
My name is Howard and you know the rest. Please spell my name right when writing. Due to manufacturing costs the manufacturing of forks are now outsourced. Here is their address & # for you to call. Marzocchi S.p.A. - via Grazia, 2 - 40069 Zola Predosa (BO) - Italy - Phone +39.051.6168711 - Fax +39.051.758857 - P.IVA 00503571200 The Marzocchi Corp is a very large company and is still based in Italy. Do your own research. Their 43mm & 52mm forks are still very good however.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
ybn533
Advanced

Thanks Serge

I really like my bike. I tought on trading it with 2008NightRod special but I think it will be like a one night stand sex and after 2 month I will regret and want a "real" harley...

So...the night train will stay and will get more mods

This weekend I'm gonna slam the rear.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Howard,
Sorry to have sounded like "im telling on you". That wasnt my intention.
I think it true that variations of these forks (like the aformentioned Regency setup) are manufactured in China.

The "HD version 52mm" still carry the same quality as any other Marzocchi products such as their bicycle and motocross / roadrace pieces.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

ORIGINAL: donk_316

Howard,
Sorry to have sounded like "im telling on you". That wasnt my intention.
I think it true that variations of these forks (like the aformentioned Regency setup) are manufactured in China.

The "HD version 52mm" still carry the same quality as any other Marzocchi products such as their bicycle and motocross / roadrace pieces.
As far as I can tell, so far they are just getting this outsourcing program together. There are some complete front ends that you can buy as a sample from this company who is one of the sources:
Wuyi Bosuer Motion Apparatus Co. Ltd, Phoenix Industrial Zone, Wuyi, Zhejiang, China 321300 Tel: (86579)87707699 Fax: (86579)87707690 or e-Mail Mr zhou, green I do not know them but you may also wish to contact them. (Here) is their link.

You also you may wish to view the full Press release (here).
Quick Read:
The biggest bit of news regarding Marzocchi's 2008 range of forks is that they are no longer going to made in Italy. Much like the vast majority of their rivals, Marzocchi will be getting their stuff made in Taiwan. This tough decision….. The development, design and testing will still be done in Italy and all aftermarket Marzocchi forks will be checked and set up in Italy. The "damping guts" (ETA, ATA circuits etc) will still be made in Italy, well until Marzocchi find somewhere that can make them as good as they can.
Please remember, I go to the factory & deal with them directly. We are a service center for Marzocchi as well as a trading partner. Please do not shoot the messenger.

When I post something, I make sure it is the truth and do not start rumors. I give precise and accurate information and I do not start arguments. That is a waste of my time. This is our business and I spend time trying to help other on this forum. I believe I am qualified to give correct information.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 AM
TurtleRacing
Cruiser

Ya know, the worst part is they are doing this just as most manufacturers are pulling stuff from Asian manufacturers because they are figuring out that people are sick to death of the crap coming from them. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking for that front end that I want.

Quick Reply: HD Inverted Front End