Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Inverted Front End

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 AM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HD Inverted Front End

I need opinions......I'm considering swapping out my stock front end for a HD Inverted Front End. I ride a 2007 Softail Standard, and I've mad a ton of other changes to it (one of these days, I'll post pics, and get your thoughts). I don't know if I should just add the chrome front end package (lowers, axle, axle covers, etc) or just spring for the full-on chromed inverted front end. I think they're VERY sharp looking. Any of you know anything about them? Have any riding buddies who've bought it? Any feedback would be helpful......I really want to know if it affects the handling- positive/negative.....Thanks.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD Inverted Front End

I have a Friend that has one on his Night Train and loves the way it handles... But I think ( if I remember right ) you loose 2 Deg of rake in the Trees..

Old 12-11-2007, 10:41 AM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I have one yet to be installed as I am having it modified. Wanted some of it black and some of it chrome. not all black or all chrome.

Probably one of the best front ends performance wise for HD besides the Cerani front end which is ($3000-$4000 for complete bolt on) Look through the Night Train thread to see both of these front ends installed.

Also, please dont buy into the crap that some people will spew about "a stock front end with a brace is just as good". Thats their pocketbook talking.

You can have it sent out to Marchocchi USA or Canada (the people who make the forks for HD) and they can revalve / damper it ( about $500) so the front end is customized to you/ your bikes weight and handling prefrences. Also they do rebuilds for under $200.

Thats my opinion. Oh and it looks awesome too. While im on the subject. Did anyone else notice it is 2" LONGER than stock and has MORE RAKE THAN STOCK through the trees? I measured about 2 degrees rake built into the trees but it was a very inaccurate measurement but just by looking at them you can see the trees are raked.

The OTHER P&A HD trees REDUCE rake by 1.5 degrees. This is mentioned right in the book.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 AM
ybn533
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have inverted fork on my NT.

It handles better/ feels like "heavier" front.

it makes the handlebars closer and higherto you. thats make the ride more comftrable.

I havn't desided if it's look beter...my problem is that my bike is denim black and the forks are vivid black.

I think it doesn't "flow" with the"total look"of the bikeif you know whatI mean.

what do you think?

[IMG]local://upfiles/38589/763DEE403DAB4661858ACBC527FD3938.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My opinion?
Clear coat the Denim.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: George C

My opinion?
Clear coat the Denim.
Worst. Idea. Ever.

Thats why i bought the chrome one and having the triple trees powdercoated gloss black, like the frame to give the look of extended, stretched frame.

The upper larger tubes are denim black with silver "lines" to mimick the engines machining and the lowers are chrome. The axle supports are also black denim so they flow into the front fender to look like one piece.

Not completed yet.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
TurtleRacing
Cruiser

So what's the verdict, is the HD inverted raked and longer? I really want to do this to my bike but I also want to rake the front end a little more so if these do that I'm sold.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain

When I first looked at them I was like, ok what's the big deal?
Then when I looked at a stock vs inverted yes they do look very nice.
However I would have to ask myself this, for the cost is their something else I could do that would have a bigger visual impact for the money? As with most performance enhancements, do we really need it?
Springer front end, Open Primary both come to mind.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
ICEMANNN
Cruiser

i have the HD inverted fork on my NT and i love it !!!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
TurtleRacing
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ICEMANNN

i have the HD inverted fork on my NT and i love it !!!
OK, is it the same rake as stock?

Quick Reply: HD Inverted Front End