Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway pegs for Deuce without crash bars - Kuryakyn

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Highway pegs for Deuce without crash bars - Kuryakyn

Well. Stripperella bought me a set of highway brackets for the Deuce for Christmas. These are the little jobbies that allow you to mount highway pegs without a set of crash bars, moustache bar,or Lindby's. Easy to install, a tad PITA to set up. What they are is a small bent chrome arm - you remove your footpeg, install this arm, and then put the footpeg on (it goes between the peg & the peg bracket). Kuryakyn sends different sizes of bolts depending on what footpegs you have.

I went with this kit because I hate the way my Deuce looks with those big ugly crash bars on it. Yes, I know - a matter of opinion, but, blech. I put a ton of miles on my bike, and I wanted the pegs to give me some touring comfort.

Anyways, very easy install, but it's only one bolt that holds the footpeg & new bracket on, so you need to have one hand hold your footpeg in the right place while you adjust the height of the arm - kind of have to hold two things at once. I found using a t-handled allen wrench to install the bolt really helped - it could stay inside the footpeg so I could tighten things up quickly.

I didn't have to adjust my brake pedal, but I need to move my shifter up a bit - these adjustments will depend simply on how long your legs are, and where you want the highway pegs. I'm 6'2", and have size 13 EEE feet, so the boots I wear are about as big as cement blocks - I had to doabout 1/2 hourof adjustment to get it right; however, if I ever sell my bike I know that Frankenstein will be quite happy with it. Smaller, thinner feet will make adjustment in peg position easier.

I'm happy with the way it looks. I am unable to give a ride report with them, as I live in the Great White North, so we're currently experiencing a non-riding season. If anyone wants some pics, send me an e-mail at j.jarosz@sympatico.ca . I'm not going to even try posting here, because it's a crapshoot at best.

My initial opinion of the product is that it is typical good-quality that I have received from Kuryakyn. There's nothing flimsy, the parts are heavy-duty, and this season will see how they hold up.

Cannon