Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Heritage/Easy Brackets questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:49 AM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Heritage/Easy Brackets questions

Read through all the posts referring to the quick detach options for bags. Looks like Easy Brackets are the best tradeoff for me but I havecouple questions for you guys that have them:

1) Will Easy Bracketsinterfere withchanging the stock rear turn signal bar?
2)Do Easy Brackets handle the lower support bar (near footpegs) on the stock bags?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:12 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Heritage/Easy Brackets quesions

I had them on another bike, so I'll be cautious in the answer. The Easy Brackets will not need the lower support bar. They are bolted to the bag and have a decent sized metal plate that hold them in place.

Long and short of it is that your question will depend on the year and model of your bike. Take a look at the Easy Brackets website for more information about how they mount ...

http://www.easybrackets.com

Chances are you'll need the HRT-R3 or HRT-R3DB. When I mounted mine on an earlier bike I bought them from Chilhowee Leather (http://www.chilhowee.net) with a new set of bags. Chil was pretty good at answering emails and I got decent phone service when I had a question about mounting. The system is basically designed to replace stock parts, so there is usually not a lot of problem with the mounting. You will need to drill holes in your bags for the mounting screws, though, but it's an easy job.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser

Yep I looked at the website.

If anyone with newer Heritage has put on Easy Brackets, I'd be interested to know what you did with that stock lower support bracket.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Mikester48
Advanced

I had Easy Brackets on my 06 Heritage. They work fine, but don't use any lower bracket. The stock bracket is not used. I think they could use a lower bracket and thought about fabricating one, as the bags kind of move in and out at the bottom. They are a good product and easy to use. I took mine off, I didn't like the gap between the bags and the fender which was about
11/2" or so, and the looseness of the bags at the bottom. They are real handy when you travel, you can just take them off and put them in your room, no need to unpack the bags each night.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Mikester48

I had Easy Brackets on my 06 Heritage. They work fine, but don't use any lower bracket. The stock bracket is not used. I think they could use a lower bracket and thought about fabricating one, as the bags kind of move in and out at the bottom. They are a good product and easy to use. I took mine off, I didn't like the gap between the bags and the fender which was about
11/2" or so, and the looseness of the bags at the bottom. They are real handy when you travel, you can just take them off and put them in your room, no need to unpack the bags each night.
Kinda what I was afraid of--not sure I want to lay out $150 if the bag support isn't rock solid. HD really layed on egg on the bag hardware for the Heritage, and it doesn't seem anyone in the aftermarket has gotten it quite right either.