Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy front wheel specs and fit on nightrain.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
blackness
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy front wheel specs and fit on nightrain.

I am new here and this is my first post, well 2nd because I posted in the new member area 1st. Anyway, here is what Iwant to do...

I have an '07 Nightrain. I'm not crazy aboutthe skinny 21" spoke front wheel and want to go to a FAT front wheel and tire. A buddy of mine had an '02 Sporty REAR wheel with a 140 tire laying around and I pulled my 21 off and mocked up the 16" Sporty rear wheel and DAMN that is the look I want. It evenmatched up with my caliper perfectly usingmy stock rotor andspacers. I am tempted to use it but I want myfront andrear wheels to match. I'd love nothing more than to buy a nice matched billett wheel set, but since I am financially embarrassedI have to go the cheapest route, enter the Fatboy front wheel. I can bore 8 holes in it and powdercoat the center and I have the perfect match to my rear!

I want to know what has to be done to fit a solid Fatboy front wheel on my "07 Train. I did a search and found this "before and after" thread by agapsdiverhttps://www.hdforums.com/m.asp?m=907...age=27&keybut his Train is an "03.

Is there is any difference between his bike and mine? What width are the solid fatboy Front wheels?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:39 PM
ICEMANNN
Cruiser
Default RE: Fatboy front wheel specs and fit on nightrain.

07 Night Train have a 17 inch rear wheel so putting a 16 inch in front will look weird

Old 01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
lanceo70
Tourer

I just put a solid fatboy wheel on my 06 standard and I love it. It does not look wierd with the 17" 200 tire on the back in my opinion. The bike looks level to my eye from rear to the front. It will drop down a little in the front but not enough for it to look like it takes a nose dive. I used the same spacers that I used for the 21" wheel And the tire is right where its supposed to be. It rides and feels great...plus looks awesome in my opinion. I bought a bare metal fatboy fender from jp cycles but I trimmed the sides down a bit on the fender to slim it down because I dont like the gobby fatboy fender. That wheel would look cool on your train!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 AM
blackness
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lanceo70

I just put a solid fatboy wheel on my 06 standard and I love it. I bought a bare metal fatboy fender from jp cycles but I trimmed the sides down a bit on the fender to slim it down because I dont like the gobby fatboy fender.
That is exactly what I want to do! Do you have any pics of your bike?What year Fatboy wheel did you use, and how wide is it?

ORIGINAL: ICEMANNN

07 Night Train have a 17 inch rear wheel so putting a 16 inch in front will look weird
I've never been the one to comform to the norm...

Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 PM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 07 might have a 1" axle, be sure to match them up with the wheel you get. As for the height difference, the stock pizza cutter wheel from the nightrain is 27.5 high when mounted on the 21" wheel. Most 16" wheels that I have seen have a lot more rubber (sidewalls) so they measure about 26 - 26.5" tall when mounted. The big thing is watch your caliber and rotor make sure they meet up right.
I just took an old spoke 16" wheel and mounted it to check the looks and loved it. Plannign the switch soon myself. Too bad no one makes a simple chart on what can be used. I like the Fat bob's 19" front but am not sure if the caliber and rotor will meet up right so I guess I am going with the fat boy myself.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm confused guys.
I'd like to put a Fatboy front wheel on a 2006 Night Train. Above Blackness discribed in detail (great job) how to do this, but then below, Lanceo70 said his Fatboy wheel bolted right up to his '06 Standard using his original spacers. What give's? Can anyone verify this.......Thanks in advance, Rich

Old 06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

The '03 NT's front tire/wheel was slightly offset, approx. 1/4 inch,
from being centered between the forks.
The '06 may have changed that offset....

Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

From what I've found out, no matter the year, a Fatboy wheel will not bolt right up to a Night Train front end. I've decided to take all the guess work out and order a Big Fatty Spoke Wheel from Phil at HogPro. Night Train hub laced to a 16x3.5 rim, black PC'd rim and hub, polished spokes wraped with a 140 Metz under a Fatboy fender. Done. I'll post some pix's when I get it all togeather. Thx...........Rich

Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
HOOKnIT
Novice

wheres the pics?

Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Mr.Welda
Stage II
Default Wanna Do A Fat Boy front wheel on my Rat/Donkey

I was hoping I could find a front wheel like the old school A/A's & F/A's because I like those fat solid spokes...but I couldn't find any that would fit on a motorcycle. I have a narrow springer & will be going with no front brake but need to know if it'll fit...I have no idea.

Quick Reply: Fatboy front wheel specs and fit on nightrain.