Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Delay

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
jonathanklunt
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Delay

Have had deposit down on Rocker since August and continue to get different answers each time I visit dealer related to delivery date. Although am still holding faith, it is dimishing quickly. Just last week was informed it would be delivered on January 15th. Check again yesterday and was told only the Red Rocker would be delivered in January. The black in February and the blue in March. I have the deposit on the black model but will believe it when i see it.
Has anyone else been told they will be released in this manner?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
deadduck357
Tourer
Default RE: Rocker Delay

when i first(july) heard about the rocker i talked to my local dealership and they said they were getting the rocker in vivid blk deluxe and rocker c in vivid blk in their first delivery. now they are only getting the rocker in vivid blk deluxe on the first delivery and the C vivid blk will be a little later. being that the vivid blk deluxe was what i wanted and was the first i got it. they(salesperson) didcalled me about 3 weeks ago and wanted to make sure that it was the vivid blk deluxe i wanted, or right then i could change my color but no later could the order be changed. He said i could get it in a different color but i told him to keep what i had comming. so i really dont know how thats working out with the colors, at first they were getting both blacks but then he said i could change it???

i called the dealershiplast friday and was told that they got an e-mail or fax the day before from HD stating that my bike was on schedule and was being shipped out wed the 9th and should be here 15th or 17th.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whos your dealer?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM
deadduck357
Tourer

waco is mine

Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay ... maybe someone has answered this before ... but every time I read a thread about Rocker delays I have to wonder what in the world is going on at the plant? Mabye I've just read too many books on business management, but this is NOT good for any company. There's a term that comes to mind -- Strategic Action Competency. Long and short of it ... don't "release" anything until you're ready to "release" something.

I feel bad for you guys who put money down on something that may not even exist. It would have me worried that something has gone terribly wrong in the production cycle. Tooling up for a change in a model may not be that big of a deal on some products, but the Rocker is different enough that I would think someone would know what's going on over there.

In the computer industry they call this type of release "vaporware."

Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Iwould wait now for a 2009 model release as I cancelled my 2007 Rocker to buld a custom.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39225/27C0694F0ABE49FABE207C076FBCC143.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
flst06
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find it very interesting that the magazines that I've read that have tested/reviewed the Rocker have not mentioned the delivery/production delays; whatever the case may be.

Even the dealers that I've spoken to aren't providing much information at all. Everything is in general terms.

Makes you wonder....makes me wonder anyway.

I've been to several large shows/events in Europe. The Rocker is always the center of attention. I can't wait to see one on the streets.

Don

Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be concerned too about the delays. I work for an automobile manufacturer and when there is a delay with either production or release, it's never good.

My $0.02, wait til 09...

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

I wanted one too when i went looking in october, but i'm the type that likes to have what i paid for then and there, so i went with a fatboy and decided to make my own custom. I cant wait to see the pictures when you guys get them.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
airheads
Former Sponsor

I saw this on another forum as to the reason for the Rocker delay:

"Rocker has a laminated stainless/aluminum rear fender, with wiring running inside the sandwich. After DOT testing was completed they started having de-lam problems and had to come up with a new lam process and submit to new DOT testing. This with bikes ready to ship. They had to rebuild all the bikes with the new fenders."[/align][/align]I imagine the magazines don't say anything about the delay is that usually the lead time is 2 months -the press saw and rode the rockerearlier in the year and then had the articles come outaround the scheduled release date.[/align]

Quick Reply: Rocker Delay