Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Windshield, backrest, etc. ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Deluxe Windshield, backrest, etc. ???

Anyone bought this windshield, backrest, etc. combo for a deluxe? I've seen them priced pretty reasonable and just wanted some feedback.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Thanks

Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
rsavage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Windshield, backrest, etc. ???

When I bought my bike last August, I bought the nostalgic windshield, the deluxe bags, the backrest and detachable brackets/hardware, and the deluxe rider footboards. I added the engine guard after purchase. I didn't buy the essentials kit so don't know if it would have saved me any money. I paid list minus 15% at time of purchase, free install and got 15% off on any parts for 30 days thereafter. You can generally do pretty well on HD parts via Zanotti or Chicago HD internet sales. Type in the individual part numbers on their sites and see what you come up with.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
RednekF350
Advanced

I bought the windshield, upgraded rear passenger pillion, detachable sissy bar, backrest and pad and some other small items for my '08 Deluxe before I picked it up.
My dealer was giving me 20% off the parts along with agood discount on the bike and 3.9% financing through Harley.
Good deal all the way around.
I like the detachable features of the windshield and sissy bar and the wife really likes the upgraded seat.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the help guys..... so much to buy, so little money.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I got the essentials kit the end of last Aug. for my 08 deluxe.I am happy with the kit [and the bike] but, the limited belt buckle is so limited I haven't got it yet. LOL.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
RednekF350
Advanced

The only thing I want andneed to add at this point is a better passenger grab rail thanwhat is on the stock seat.
I am watching anotherthread on that topic and I am waiting to see what I can do.
Scott

Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Skippy49
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can alwasys use a heritage springer seat and rail. You might have to change the luggage rack depending on what bike you're putting it on. But remember that the heritage rail with backrest doesn't really support your back like a different seat with backrest will.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
hdsd05
Advanced

Mine came with the windshield, and bags. I added the backrest and larger seat for the wife. The dealer amde it a package deal through them so I don't know how much I got rolled for. I just knew that if I was going to get the wife on the back I had to do something for her. '05 Deluxe

Old 01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
JoeVFR
Tourer

I got my deluxe in '05 before they offered the essential rider's kits. I bought the windshield and backrest from my dealer and found the saddlebags on ebay. I think the kit is a pretty good deal and would cost less than buying them separately. It's January 10th and I rode today in Cleveland. When I left the house it was 33 degrees, I couldn't do it without the windshield. A lot of people complain the saddlebags are too small but I always carry a change of clothes from work and my raingear and they work fine for me. The backrest and windshieldcan be removed in less than 30 seconds. None of the stuff is cheap, but it does work very well.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
crouch38
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a 05 deluxe & you can replace the stock drivers seat rail with a stock springer rail (mines is 02 ) bolts right on. plus you will have an option to put on a riders backrest pad with it . i replaced the whole stock setup with springer seat, seatrail with tall backrest pad. soooooooooo much more comfortable. Bob

Quick Reply: Deluxe Windshield, backrest, etc. ???