Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Bag HELP!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
southpaw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Bag HELP!!!

I need help LOL I am going bonkers here!

I'm in the market for hard bags, I'v been going through several sites that I have never heard of, and well, can't say I trust nontheless! Especially dishing out a few hundred dollars and kicking myself is the **** later on after seeing a better set and/or quality.

For those of you who had good experience with ordering from an online company and has hard bagscan you please list them, youre pros and cons aswell. I want a color match if possible. My local HD Dealer can get them but hotdamn the prices is though the roof (just as well) but if I am able to save a few extra bucks by ordering them online and getting same quality, by all means I will do just that.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hard Bag HELP!!!

Define "Hard Bags." Are looking at fiberglass/composite, or hard-backed/leather covered bags?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
southpaw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, Fiber Glass. I seen and read that a lot of people were changing from Leather to HardBag (Fiber Glass) kind. And to be perfectly honest,I like the others from Leather aswell.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have seen some on eBay for $104.00/set - basic, not custom colors. Have no idea about quality of the product.
Another option might be to fit some tourer bags to your bike & have them custom painted to match. Lots of room on the Softy for about any bag. Might take a few mods to mount the bags, but if you're going the hard bag route, you probably aren't planning to take them on and off. Dyna Police bags might be the ticket (FXDP I think is the model), again with some possible mounting system modifications.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:19 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really dont know much about the quality of hard bags, but when I had my VTX, those guys who bought hard bags got Champion hard bags http://www.championsidecars.com/hardbags/and seemed to be really happy with them. They are expensive though.

Chris