Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING testride before you buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:49 PM
spikal
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING testride before you buy

hey everyone,i am a new member.thank you all for your opinions about different bikes.i was going crazy trying to decide between a roadking and a heritage.i went to a few different dealers and talked to a few friends who ride .they All said roadking all the way.no contest.i thought wow this roadking must be great.so i leaned alot more toward the king and read all the specs/features about it.then i stumbled on this forum in my search for more answers.THANK YOU.quite a few members.gave their opinions about each bike.but the most important advise that some kept stressing was TEST RIDE BOTH BIKES.so i did.and good thing i did because i was really set on buying the road king.I rode both bikes one right after the other by myself and also with my girl on the back.we both loved the heritage.it just fit us better.im 6 foot tall and felt part of the heritage almost sitting in it.i felt above and on top of the king and did not think it rode a whole lot smoother than the heritage like everyone was saying.i guess i expected a huge difference in the comfort aspect the way everyone was saying" no contest".not that the king was a bad ride.it was not for me i just fit and felt better on the heritage.my girl liked the heritage better too.thank god.so if anyone is trying to decide between two bikes PLEASE test ride them both.that is the ONLY way to know.everyone has different opinions.you cant buy a bike by taking a poll.my story is a perfect example of that.if i didnt test ride those bikes i would have went for the road king.im sure i would have loved it BUT i would have never known that the heritage was better for me.so i bought the 08 heritage black.sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ride looks cool too.thanks again all

Old 01-13-2008, 07:07 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: WARNING testride before you buy

good for you

Old 01-13-2008, 07:07 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Sittin "in" vs. "on" is one of the things that sets theSoftail off from theDyna's andTouring bikes.
Lot of guys (ladies too) prefer the feeling of being more a "part" of the bike rather than just sitting on top, I know I do.

Glad you got what you like and hope you and it enjoy a lot of miles together.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ain't it wonderful when it all works out? Congrats on the new bike and welcome!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your new ride, you done the right thing and between the two you got what you wanted.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:27 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master

Good post, welcome to the forum and most importantly congratulations on making the right decision. It's so true about the softails sitting "in" them and feeling you are kinda part of the bike. So what kinda plans you got for your new ride?

Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
murph3204
Road Master

that's great! Congrats on the new scoot, post some pics when u get a chance.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
MrHd1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have owned two RKs and liked them both alot. Always love the looks of the FLST and finally picked one up. So far I totally dig it. The bikesits low and is so easy and relaxing to ride.What a classic look and what a nice ride. It is truly a keeper!!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
spikal
4th Gear

thanks all.i plan to do mostly local rides on backroads.i got to put a few miles on it this weekend.it was in the mid fortiies here in jersey.so my rides were not as long as i would have liked but was grateful i got to get out at all.my girl went too she loved it.so that means i will be gettin lucky tonight.cant wait for spring but now i will put in some o.t. at work and save up for all the chrome i want to get.i want chrome and lots of it.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
grzly
Road Master

congrats Spikal , and ride safe ....... apart from the chrome , don't forget to treat your missus to a few comforts - have a think about the touring pillion seat for the longer rides andmake sure to crank up the suspension for 2 up riding.
grzly

Quick Reply: WARNING testride before you buy