Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCREAMIN EAGLE 203 CAMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
HERITAGEBOY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCREAMIN EAGLE 203 CAMS

IM LOOKING AT INSTALLING 203 S/E CAMS HAS ANY ONE BEEN THERE AND HOW HAVE YOU FOUND THEM
THANXXX

Old 01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
agedwards63
Road Master
Default RE: SCREAMIN EAGLE 203 CAMS

well they are the "emissions cam" the only ones HD could get past the EPA my friend has them in his deuce they give you a little bump in performance and a little lope in the engine sound but they are nothing radical the thing to think about is where are you eventually going to take the engine? Putting cams in for the heck of it is very costly if you are going no farther than the "HD Stage 2" you'll be fine if not there are alot better cams out there including gear drives

Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
spike95
Road Master

If you're gonna spend the money to do it, do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with the SE203s. There are bolt in cams out there that'll make you way more power. I wish I had known about this forum before I had my 203s installed. If you can afford to do it, I'd reccomend changing to gear driven cams. Even if not, there are plenty ofawesome cams out there for the stockchain drive. I hear nothing but great things about performance gear from Head Quarters. They are extremely helpful. Email them and let them know what you are trying to accomplish. www.head-quarters.com
Whatever you do, do a search of the forum for more info on cam makers. There are a lot better bangs for your buck out there than Screamin Eagle.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was all over all the HD sites, asked a ton of people what cams they were running, and what experieces they had before I added SE203 cams recently. Personally.... I am happy with the improvements the 203 gave me, lots will tell you that you can do better, lots will tell you what they are running is the best. I will tell you that everyone rides different and no one cam is the right answer for everyone! The SE 203 suits me fine!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

I have 203's with a Thunderheader. Good combo. They are not radical. The equivilant of putting an RV cam in a Chevy small block.
The T/H really helps. Good mid-range power. Just shy of 80 horses, and 86 ft lbs tq. The 07 StreetGlide w/stage 1 that I demo rode last year
was quicker though (barely).

If I ever juice it up more, 95" w/510 gear drive, port & polish job . . . oh and a 6 spd (Screamin Eagle or Bakerw/ true OVDr. )
I'm sure someone might ask, at that point why not just buy a new one. I often wonder that one myself (this one's been paid for
for a LONG time though.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Heritageboy
If the 203SE cam is what you want. I have a set of
them with very low mileagethat I would let go for real
cheap. Below half of what the dealer asks for them.
Give me a pm if your interested.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:51 AM
mogyver69
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Luxe
I was all over all the HD sites, asked a ton of people what cams they were running, and what experieces they had before I added SE203 cams recently. Personally.... I am happy with the improvements the 203 gave me, lots will tell you that you can do better, lots will tell you what they are running is the best. I will tell you that everyone rides different and no one cam is the right answer for everyone! The SE 203 suits me fine!
Question: What map are you running.. Biggest question people should be asking is if you are going to change your cam and you have efi can you find a map to use...I added the 26A cam to my 03 heritage stock 88 with vance hines big radius staggered and high flow air filter.. No one has a map... I am running fuel pak... I decided since the duration and lift are so close to stock to stick with the stock map vance hines supplies and make some small changes using there tech line... I am still working out the bugs but it definetly has alot more power...One of the biggest issues I have had is a bog or hesitation out of the hole and shifting from first to second... We riched up the fuel curve and now it runs awesome... Still playing with the fuel curve from mid range to full throttle... Once I get a map that works for me I will make a video and post on youtube...

Old 09-25-2014, 09:34 AM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

4 year old thread.i wonder if the OP changed his cams yet.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:46 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
4 year old thread.i wonder if the OP changed his cams yet.
Still working on it BUT ABOUT DONE ?

Old 09-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Callgood
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what I have in mine. They were part of a package deal the stealer had. Along with the 95 kit it runs pretty strong. I know there many others that are better out there but I am pretty happy with them. With longshots (HP killer) it dynoed at about 76hp and 95 pounds torque and the curve is pretty flat.

Quick Reply: SCREAMIN EAGLE 203 CAMS