Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT, NOT ENOUGH

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
KAYDADOG
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT, NOT ENOUGH

Have a 2002 Fatboy with following hydraulic components and clutch:
Joker Machine 11/16" master cylinder and Joker Machine hydraulic actuator. Using Evolutions clutch basket and clutches. My problem is that I can not get enough adjustment to fully disengage the clutch. Always fighting to get into neutral with engine running. I've taken measurements and can only get about 0.070" to 0.080" travel. I've also talked to Baker Drivetrain regarding there new hydraulic side cover and they stated this is about the same travel that can be achieved from there unit. Also talked to Evolution out of California regarding the clutch pack and they stated about 0.100" of travel is required but they were using stock cable setups with no problems. They could not help me out any further. The only part that is still sock is the clutch rod. I don't know if this is an issue but wil lok into it. Looking for further insight. I've been fighting this issue for several years and would like to finally solve the problem. It would be enjoyable to shift in and out of neutral again. Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts
Default RE: HYDRAULIC CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT, NOT ENOUGH

You're probably going to need a new clutch. If the required travel on the existing clutch is 0.100, and the hydraulics on the market give only 0.070 to 0.080, then it's time for the pack to go. A longer rod will only wipe the throwout bearing as it will have a load on it all the time.