Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have any suggestions for sliming down the tailight/turn signal on an '03 Heritage softai

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:07 AM
mydogdakota
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have any suggestions for sliming down the tailight/turn signal on an '03 Heritage softai

I have an '03 Heritage Softail Classic that I have slowly been customizing. I am in Baghdad, Iraq and can't be at shows and rallies to find a better brake light/trun signal/tag holder for my bike. I don't want a side mount because I can't fill the holes in the rear fender. I would love any input you have on a OEM part that will streamline the look. I think you will see what I am talking about in the pics. Thanks and god bless!!! RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/36317/5E25F2CC84F0463C8B208948544C46E5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36317/F1D7E99164654DB2B90C9150CA3B7C8B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
flst06
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have any suggestions for sliming down the tailight/turn signal on an '03 Heritage softai

I'll attempt to post the pic of what I did to my 06 Heritage. Had the same set up as you. The lightbar is factory. Both the laydown taillight and plate mount came from JP cycle. I've posted the part numbers here before. I'll dig them out for you.

Be safe over there and thanks for serving!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have any suggestions for sliming down the tailight/turn signal on an '03 Heritage softai

All your answers are in one place. Check out this thread: HomeMade Laydown

A forum member named HOGRIDA_06 makes these incredible low-angle lay down brackets (that do NOT touch the fender) and use existing 3-hole location. On that link you can see plug 'n play LED replacement taillight and assorted turn signal options. There are some nice bikes (& variety) throughout that thread.

I have ordered one of these brackets for my Fatboy, and have already installed a smoked/chrome replacement taillight from HD. I can't wait to get my bracket.

Our softail brother 1of2 has this bracket already and pointed me to HOGRIDA_06.

Plus, how can you beat $20 (shipping already included)?

Oh hell, I almost forgot....my bad.....THANKS FOR SERVING! I'm an old Vietnam guy, I know a lot of your sacrifice goes by unnoticed. But there reallyARE a bunch of Americans who are proud of you and sleep better at night BECAUSE of you.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

i did the same with mine and trimmed were the light on the fender lip was off.. now this is what i got

Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used the light bar from a road king custom. fit in same stock holes, looks great. added lay down license plate

Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cleanimages

i used the light bar from a road king custom. fit in same stock holes, looks great. added lay down license plate
Ya got any close-up pics of your mod? I went through your gallery to check it out but nothing's there for just your tail-end. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ownasofttail

i did the same with mine and trimmed were the light on the fender lip was off.. now this is what i got
I like that!!! DO you have a bigger pic? Is that bar from a RK? You and cleanimages have got meenthused to try for this mod again. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

hows that for bigger... yes i think rk or deluxe has the same i now have HD smoked laydown taillight on it ill see what if ican find one with it...

Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior

Quick Reply: Does anyone have any suggestions for sliming down the tailight/turn signal on an '03 Heritage softai