Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a Cross Bones & Rocker today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Saw a Cross Bones & Rocker today.

My local HD had a black Cross Bones and a blue Rocker (standard). That Cross Bones seat is one of the most comfy
HD seats I've sat on (and very attractive) It's a keeper. I was suprised that the (ugly IMHO) Rocker (standard) seat was suprisingly comfy too.

I have a NT with extended forward controls and thought I would never like the foot pads.. because of my height...but the Cross Bones foot pads seemed to fit good....I could extend my feet out to the end...probably has something to do with the taller seat height also.

If I was shopping that Cross Bones would be right at the top of my list.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
agedwards63
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saw a Cross Bones & Rocker today.

I went back for a second visit of the crossbones today... I hope this is not bad news for the Heritage... time will tell

Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer

Saw a X-bones and a Rocker C at my dealer this weekend too. I was surprised how comfortable the C sat. The X-bones was sold, C waiting.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I was at the Dealer on Sunday and saw both the Rocker "C" and the X Bones.

The Rocker didnt do much for me, not my style. The Rocker seat looks like an after thought and I dont like the tank console.I did see the Heartland seat conversion for the Rocker and it looks better IMHO. Im sure there are many that will love the look and HD will sell a lot of them.

The 2 X Cross Bones were in Black and looked great to me. I like the look with both the stock seat (spring) and my dealer had the other one with a Badlander type seat on it and it looked great too. I sat on both and I like the feel of the lower seat. Feels like you are in the bike like my Fatboy with the C & C seat. With the stock seat there is more leg room but it feels like you are on top of the bike , a lot like a Road King seating position.

I'd like to have a X Bones.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
mojo76
Cruiser

i am 6'5" and I just bought the X-bones my leg room is great. love my X-bones

Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 5' 10" and I love my X bones too! I prefer the higher riding position myself. The bars sit shoulder hight and makes for a very comfortable riding position. IMHO...

WG

Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the Rocker and X-Bones are a Love/Hate choice... My first look and setting on them didn't do anything for me.. I know Harley it trying hard to reach all markets and doing pretty well at it with black rims, controls, denium paint jobs but in my area they arn't selling too well... In fact the local dealer has a stock pile of copper top 08's that are setting... Hoping for a big spring come n' get it crowed I guess.... What is selling is the Heritage and Road Kings.... a few Glides...

BTW that big ugly plastic plate under the seat on the X-Bones should be chrome don't ya think?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

White Guy, I'm about 5'10" and I thought the seat seemed a little too high. I had sneakers on and feet just touched flat. Hate to stop over a dip in the road with it..LOL

Jim

Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

My local dealer has a X bones in black. The only thing that I dont like is how wide the seat is. They are going to install a different seat in a day or so, then I will take another look and see if it makes much difference.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

I'd like to take the seat off the Xbones and find a way to mount it on the rocker. Maybe a steel support under the back of the seat pan to support it on the Rocker and let the swingarm work like it should. Ideas ideas ideas.

Quick Reply: Saw a Cross Bones & Rocker today.