Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floorboards on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 AM
K2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Floorboards on a Deluxe

Hey all,
I have SE slip-on mufflers and am concerned about the location of the the right passenger footpeg, as it is located both above and below the exhaust. My wife is very tentative about riding and if she gets burned she'll never ride again. What way can I make it safer for her concerning the exhaust? I can only think of the following:
1. Change the pipes to something like V&H BSS, however Ilike the sound of the slip-ons (nice rumble and not too loud for the neighbors).

2. Keep the slip-ons,addmuffler shields andreplace the passenger footpegs with passenger floorboards hoping the floorboards givemore clearance than the footpegs.

Any adv. from others that have added passenger floorboards? Does it help the situation making it safer and more comfortable for the passenger?

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
ratatude
Cruiser
Default RE: Passenger Floorboards on a Deluxe

Hey K2 ... I had passanger floorboards installed on my 2003 Heritage when I bought it for that exact reason. My wife felt more comfortable with the boards instead of the pegs. Worked Great. If you have Bags you will need to get a kit to relocate them back a bit.

ORIGINAL: K2

Hey all,
I have SE slip-on mufflers and am concerned about the location of the the right passenger footpeg, as it is located both above and below the exhaust. My wife is very tentative about riding and if she gets burned she'll never ride again. What way can I make it safer for her concerning the exhaust? I can only think of the following:
1. Change the pipes to something like V&H BSS, however Ilike the sound of the slip-ons (nice rumble and not too loud for the neighbors).

2. Keep the slip-ons,addmuffler shields andreplace the passenger footpegs with passenger floorboards hoping the floorboards givemore clearance than the footpegs.

Any adv. from others that have added passenger floorboards? Does it help the situation making it safer and more comfortable for the passenger?

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:43 AM
bj2005
Advanced
Default RE: Passenger Floorboards on a Deluxe

Floorboards could be the answer. You can actually get floorboard guards that will protect your pipes and your passenger's boots. The only problem I found is if you match the stock floorboards there are no guards available! The best and easiest solution if you don't want to change your pipes is replace the rider floorboards and put on matching passenger floorboards with guards. Of course you'll have to spend some serious dollars!

bj