Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

....but I only need another $50.00

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 PM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ....but I only need another $50.00

Well just an update on my bike '08 FXSTC.I have it in the garage right now waiting on parts to arrive. I have the 16" x 1 1/4 bars on with chrome everything going on them. I have cables ordered, forward controls on, new seat and signal relocation kits. Well now I told wifeyI needed a new rear brake line and shift rod because of controls. Of course I need to get ordered up a bunch of chrome 3/8 bolts for the forward controls and the fender brows. Now I was looking and figured since the tank is off better get a stainless fuel line with chrome ends. O yeah and I just ordered my new exhaust. O sweety I need two exhaust donuts and a tranny cover gasket for the new clutch cable.

I promise this is it...... I attached a pic or two of my mess. I'm curious to hear from others on the "snowball effect" you had on your mods past or present.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ....but I only need another $50.00

When I was buying my Fat Boy last year, I saw an Electra Glide with the HD skull stuff on it. Thought it looked sharp. Didn't realize it didn't come that way from the factory, until I commented on it to the salesman. He tells me I can buy that stuff for the Fatty. I tell my wife, and she says, sure, buy a couple of pieces. I finalized the deal in Feb, but couldn't pick the bike up until mid March, when the weather started to break. What started out as a "buying a couple of pieces" turned in to a $3000 dollar plus extravaganza. And that was just last year's purchases...

Old 02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Snowball effect? You want to hear about a snowball effect? My 1st snowball effect- Decided to chrome my swingarm at the beginning of last summer....figured since the rear end would be torn down, I may as well go ahead and polish the lip of the rear wheel, add a chrome caliper, braided brake line, chrome pulley cover, chrome lower belt guard, chrome inner fenderand detachable backrest.......and since I was doing the backrest, I'd have to re-locate the rear turn signals. So, I decided to lose them all together, and added the Kurayken LED tail light, with integrated signals. 2nd snowball effect just happened 3 weeks ago- I bought a chrome engine kit (rocker box covers, cam cover, trans cover, primary cover). I thought to myself, since the engine was ALREADY going to be torn down, what else could I do (to save on labor later)......So I added a PC III, and a 103" kit. I HATE the snowball effect......it tends to get me into trouble with the wife. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's admissions.........

Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Must be winter, cause my bike looks very nearly the same, and for similar reasons.
Thanks for reminding me I need to pick up anew tranny cover gasket. I'm putting in a new clutch cable too.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:51 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snowball effect? My wife probably thinks my name is Frosty........

To her credit, the woman has apparantly given up all hope of reigning me in

Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer

This is my 6th Harley (just on a side note I had a 2000 Heritage Classic and I did not change anything on it for the 2 years I owned it) Just thought that was a bit of a record in it self. LOL

My Custom I bought I thought I need a Aircleaner kit and I will need a Thunder Max and this time around I want a complete exhaust instead of just pipes.
Thats where it started and I kept adding things to the list while I waited my bike to arrive.
3" Ness F/control ext. Full set of Black and Chrome Pegs,Grips etc. Might as well change all the hable bar controls to chrome while I am changing the hadgrips. Might as well put Diamondback throttle cables on at same time. Need to change clutch cable to match? Might as well change the Brake line. No point putting old bajo bolts in, nice set in the catalogue. Bars will be bear so might as well replace them at same time to run wires through. might as well change the mirrors. Gee need to relocate the blinkers.
Head light looks short might as well put and ext on there, Blinkers would look good if matching.
Seeing its gona breath and go better might as well put floating rotors F & R and hey they sell chrome bolts. If I am going to pull the rear wheel off might as well put a Chrome spoket cover and bolts and might as well do the lower belt gaurd. Red plug leads would look good. Might as well cover those plugs and head bolts. The shifter shaft needs to be chrome with chrome joints. The cam cover could do with a bit of chrome. Seat looks funny should change that. tail light looks wrong. better put a led one on. Those flush mount fuel caps and Led Gauge looks good (dealer going to install later along with) Axle Covers would make back look finished. just put on some Skull valve caps and have just recieved my new Chrome forkleg kit with chrome spacers etc.

My inital purchase balloned by over $7000 AUD of accesories. I will need to stop for a while if i want to stay married. There is only 1 or 2 things left. mabe 3 no 5 possable 10? is that a new part. Help.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I kept saying that until, one day, my wife calmly walked out into the garage to inform me that I had just maxed-out my credit card.

I put $4k into "stuff" on my bike in a blink of the eye. I have so much more I want to do, but not for a long time.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG......Guys too funny. I have to show my wife this thread and let her see its a sickness that reaches world wide.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM
WaterHog
Road Captain

Igot new pipes, but had to crome the tail and axle too, cause you gotta do that stuff while you have the pipes off, right?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Waterse
Advanced

I found a solution to keeping the wife from getting upset about the snowballing effect, we bought her her own bike. Now I can get anything I want for my bike just so long as I get one for her as well

Quick Reply: ....but I only need another $50.00