Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
HaydenHeywoodHayes
Club Member
Received 102 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Deluxe seat

Good evening everyone. Hope this finds y'all hale and hearty. I tried to find a thread on seats and customizing the fit of a seat, but it appears the search engine isn't working at the moment...but I'm pretty sure somebody will be able to help me out.

Bought a new Deluxe a couple weeks ago, and took delivery with the Sundowner seat installed. I truly like riding it, the fitmens it fine, and I feel good on the machine in that saddle...doesn't hurt either that the Mrs. likes how it sits her as well. But I like the "look" of the Deluxe "tractor" seat. I removed the Sundowner and reinstalled the OEM seat, and found that I sat at least an inch or two closer and higher than on the Sundowner...bummer. I even bought a Springer rail to put on the seat. But, not one to give up so easily...

Can anyone recommend a good seat shop that can maybe refit the OEM seat to move me back a couple inches and down one or two...don't know if that's asking too much from the standard seat. As well, does anyone have the OEM seat with the Springer rail installed AND the large OEM passenger pillion? If it will fit, I might be inclined to refit the OEM Deluxe seat, add the rail and the large Pax pilion and maybe sell the Sundowner...

Thanks everybody...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42651/83138939BB574E72817737C31EB6CFA4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
lilwilly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe seat

I haven't used them, but I've heard real good things about Mean City Cycles. I may them work on my Deluxe's seat.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
KY23
Tourer

I just sent my Heritage seat to Mean City Cyclces. I get it back tomorrow so I'll let you know the quality of the work tomorrow. I sent it and they told me it was going to be a two week turn around and they were just a couple days off.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got the Wifes seat back from Mean City, AWESOME job...lowered her, and made the seat really comfy for her.

I Highly recomend them.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 PM
benman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might check out x-bones hardware

Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 AM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Mean City Cycles......They did my Deluxe seat. I was very satisfied. They can alter the seat to accommodate height and position I believe. www.meancitycycles.com

Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 AM
HaydenHeywoodHayes
Club Member
Received 102 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks everybody! I think I'll give them a try, and when I get it back I'll post the return with pics and an analysys...

Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
KY23
Tourer

Ok guys...just received my seat back from Mean City Cycles. I know they are a forum sponser here but I'm going to give my true opinion. Allen so far has been great and answered all my questions and got the seat returned to me in the amount of time he said it would take. I received the seat via FedEx today. The foam seems very soft. I'm going to use this seat down in Daytona for bike week so should have a few miles to report on when I get back. I have the tires off my bike right now so I can't really tell how comfortable it is going to be but thoughts are it will be more comfortable than stock.

Looks wise though I have some issues. The back edge of the seat has several large lumps like the foam was not filed all the way down evenly. The right side of the seat is muchlower than the left side and standing 5 feet away from the seat you can tell that it is uneven. The biggest issue is the large lump on the left back side of the seat. You can really see it from 5 feet away.

Here is a picture. I've e-mailed this picture to Allen and told him what issues I see and am waiting for a response. I'm sure they will take care of it I'm just hoping I don't have to pay another $34 in shipping costs.

Here is a larger version of the picture above:
http://peekconsultingllc.com/images/seat/IMG_1345.jpg

Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 PM
KY23
Tourer

Guys..another update on the seat I sent to MeanCity Cycles. I e-mailed Allen with my problems and he told me to send it back and he would fix the seat personally. I'm going to do that after Daytona. Just sucks that it will cost me postage to get the problem fixed.

I finally had the chance to put the seat on the bike and sit on it. I couldn't before now because I had the wheels off for new tires. Put the seat on today and took the bike around the block. The new position I'm sitting in is going to be much more comfortable but the seat isn't any lower and might even be a tad thicker than stock. I was hoping to drop the seat an inch or so but no luck. Maybe Allen working on the seat himself can fix the issues.