Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H v.s. SAMSON duals...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
barhpr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H v.s. SAMSON duals...

Ive been looking long and hard at the duals with fishtails... & have noticed almost everyone in heres running v&h. Is there any certian reason, one being better than the other? Do either one of them have removable baffles? That would be a huge selling point to me,being able to cut the baffle down to my liking, AND changing the endcap when I get bored with them. I can't have the bike as quiet as it is anymore.. Id rather reinstall my old blued drag pipes..
Ive also noticed that Samson has longer lenghts avaible, that extend about 6" past the fender,which I kinda like. Performance isnt a issue with me, if it was Id keep the pro pipe, Im looking more for noise & the general look of the pipes..... anyone have any input?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: V&H v.s. SAMSON duals...

I have not had Sampson pipes, but I had heard enough of others with issues on Sampson pipes that I knew I didn't need the bother. The V&H products have great fit & finish. I am pleased with my true duals. The V&H duals are blue proof and they offer optional / removable baffles. The fish tail tips are optional, the standard tipsare billet round ends.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Huey Driver
Tourer

Ditto to Luxe, V & H has had rave reviews while I've seen numerous threads on samson duals discoloring and breaking welds. It really comes down t personal choice but V&H is an outstanding product.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 AM
gatorg
Intermediate

install a lot more v&h at shop

Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 AM
blk n wht hog
Cruiser

I have screaming Eagle pipes but am thinking of going Vance & Hines true duals. Have a friend that has a Springer with Samson, n he says he'd never go with them again. He's also changing out to V & H trues with fishfins.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 AM
chop09
Tourer

I have a set of samson swoops on my 06 fatboy ever since.... and I love em. Never had any problems with samson that some people talk about....welds on heat shields...rattles. Think that was early 90's problems, when company was new. To me thay are a great alternative to what has become the everyday look of V&H long shot and radius. Just a good pipe, good performance and great sound. They definatley have a deeper rumble than the crackle of V&H....IMOP of coarse. Bottom line if your likin the styling of the longer samson pipes dont let the quality be an issue beause it really isn't one...and they look cooler and sound bad ***......Thank you.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:04 PM
BASHER
Advanced

I really don't want to read or hear about issues with Samson pipes.
I've had V&H before on a previous Harleyand fancied a change and justordered some Rip Saws, i hope i'm not dissapointed.

Basher,

Old 02-16-2008, 04:16 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just put the V&H duals on my Fatboy and I love them. I heard alot of bad things about Samson in the last few weeks, and I have had a few sets of V&H, with that knowledge I went with the V&H. They are great pipes, look great and sound great too.

Chris

Old 02-16-2008, 04:30 PM
FGC
Cruiser

just put v&h bss on my heritage love the look and sound.imo cant go wrong w/ v&h for both look and quality

Old 02-16-2008, 04:55 PM
rsavage
Tourer

I have no experience with the Sampsons, but just put a set of V & H duals on my 08 Deluxe this week. Everything fit very well. Living in the northeast, I haven't had a chance to ride with them so
I don't know if they will effect performance negatively compared to the stock exhaust. They are true duals and don't have a crossover pipe. They sound good in the garage and look awesome. Guys on the forum have put "quiet baffles" in them, I assume to increase backpressure over the default baffles that come with the pipes. I will try them with the regular baffles first in Daytona in a couple of weeks
then make a decision on whether I want to change baffles. I too like the looks of the extra long Sampsons, but would be a little worried about backing them into a curb when parking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43473/34DFF8A5A1704884B69AD38C36689600.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: V&H v.s. SAMSON duals...