Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disapointed in the Rockers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 AM
RatedX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disapointed in the Rockers...

Well I got to see the Rockers in person yesterday at a bike show, and let me just say that I am canceling my order for my Rocker C! There is just something about the overall flow of the bike that just didnt suit MY taste whatsover....Almost looks too busy...

The paint looks more like Black pearl instead of vivid black and what I tought where red pinstripes flames are actually painted a different color on the inside of them...Doesnt suit well at all...

Then I sat on it and you seem to be sitting higher on it...Which I didnt like either...

So all in all, a big disapointment for myself...

Anyone else share this opinion?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Frisian HD
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Disapointed in the Rockers...

Thnk God, one Rocker less on the road [8D]

Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

I wasn't real impressed with it. I think they should have taken a Softail Custom and given it the big back tire and all of the rake. Maybea pro-street style fender as well. The tank looks to ordinary, too. Maybe make it wider and raise it in the front. I think we'll see some pretty cool mods once some brave people buy a few of these and get busy. I do think it missed the mark right off the showroom floor though.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought they were cool. Maybe could have put more curve in the tank to fit the lines of the bike, but other than that, I liked it. I prefer the C over the standard model.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RatedX

Well I got to see the Rockers in person yesterday at a bike show, and let me just say that I am canceling my order for my Rocker C! There is just something about the overall flow of the bike that just didnt suit MY taste whatsover....Almost looks too busy...

The paint looks more like Black pearl instead of vivid black and what I tought where red pinstripes flames are actually painted a different color on the inside of them...Doesnt suit well at all...

Then I sat on it and you seem to be sitting higher on it...Which I didnt like either...

So all in all, a big disapointment for myself...

Anyone else share this opinion?
Why would you buy a bike that you havent sat on or rode anyhow???Im happy you did the right thing the last thing you need is to spend 20 g on somthing you dont like to ride

Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
57springer57
Road Captain

I don"t like them but the local dealers have no problem moving them[sm=americanasmiley.gif]and it is a harley

Old 02-16-2008, 06:03 PM
deadduck357
Tourer

not me...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
joshh
Advanced

saw a "c" @ the local dealer the other day.. i like it... i think its time for harley to try some new ideas and think its a step in the right direction.. just my 2 cents...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to a guy at A.D.Farrow's in Columbus today when I was up there for the Easyriders Bike Show...they don't have any on the floor and don't know when they'll get any...he says the guy's company that was supplying the tail lights went belly up, and H-D is trying to find another supplier...last fall the H-D engineers were having trouble keeping belts on the things at high speeds...it's been one thing after another with these bikes...doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me, even if I liked the bike, which I don't.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just the opposite - I really like it. of course, I agree, the tank seems to be lacking something.... raised at the front, more shape - something.

I think it's SO much cooler looking than the 'Bones. at least you sit in it instead of perched WAY up on top of it.

just my opinion... and we all know about those......

Quick Reply: Disapointed in the Rockers...