Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy floorboard extensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fatboy floorboard extensions

My apologies in advance for asking something that has already been posted before, but I can't get the search function to work. I read somewhere that the Arlen Ness 3" forward control extensions will bolt on a fatboy with floorboards. The kit I saw in Drag's catalog says they fit FXST. Is this the same one that will work on a fatboy or is there a different kit from them? Also, would there still be room to mount the MK III or MK IV cruise arms with this kit? Thanks for any input.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy floorboard extensions

PM Sonar Chris he has the set up you are talking about.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:59 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats goin on FLSTF. I dont know if the Ness 3" extentions will work, but Ill tell you how to extend them forward 2 inches for $79.00. Get the HD extended rider floorboards for the touring models P/N50409-04. They will fit your bike dont worry. It is really easy to put them on, its only 2 bolts for each floorboard pan. I also recomend getting the Harley Goodies floorboard extenstions that move the boards out away from the bike. You still have the ability to use the Kuryakyn MK III highway pegs if you would like, however it takes a little more work. You can only use 3 of the 4 bolts and you have to drill an extra hole in the support bar that goes on top of your floorbard pan. Overall this will get you so much more room and only cost about $130.00 bucks (not including the Kury pegs). Your rear shifter peg will be in a perfect spot after you do the floorboards, the front shifter could use and extended arm by about an inch but with the Harley Goodies extenstions you dont need it, the board is pushed out away from the bike so your feet donth hit the shifters anymore. Also the break pedel, if you dont have an EZ-break or some equivelant.I highly recomend that as well. Here is the link to the originalthreadhttps://www.hdforums.com/m_2502956/tm.htm
Her are the pics of what I did.

Chris

In this pic you can see the Harley goodies extenstion and the extended floorboards, notice how far forward the bords are in relationship to the shifters, and how the shifters arnt over top the floorboard anymore.

Same with the otherside.

Here is a pic of how the Kuryakyn MK III pegs mount. The first red circle on the left is where I had to make the extra hole to make them work on the extended rider boards. You will also notice there are only 3 bolts holding them on. I have not had any problems, and have had them on my bike for over a year.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

sonar_chris, thanks for the info. Just wandering, did you notice any clearance issues on corners with the Harley Goodies on?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLSTF

sonar_chris, thanks for the info. Just wandering, did you notice any clearance issues on corners with the Harley Goodies on?
No not really, Im not that agressive in the corners, but I have noticed is when I do scrape, I scrape longer in a turn. Over all though its nothing that concerns me.

Chris

Old 02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
98030 Fatboy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sonar, how's that highway peg set working for you. I have mine on the engine guard, but was thinking about doing something like your set up.
Would appreciate your input.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:19 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 98030 Fatboy

Hey Sonar, how's that highway peg set working for you. I have mine on the engine guard, but was thinking about doing something like your set up.
Would appreciate your input.
With the extended rider flloorboards and the Harley Goodies extenstions as well I reallyl love the MKIII's from Kury. I liked the before but my ankle on the right side would hit the break pedel. But now I have no problems what so ever. I can use the peg or the floorboard or both, with the heel on the board and the toes on the peg. Its a great set up once you get the boards away from the controls.

Chris