Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT for my Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 AM
flexx220022
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT for my Deuce

Just wanting to get some thoughts from people who have installed this..I've heard pros and cons from people off the board and just lke to get some feedback from you all..Is it truly worth the $ and was it indeed a great mod? Is there a reason I should look at this versus the Power Commander or another system out there? TIA

Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
FXSTD.AU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SERT for my Deuce

flexx220022,

Seems you and i have the same train of thought when it somes to what mods to do. I've got SERT on my 07 and had it installed from the time i took delivery. I decided on SERT as (a) it meant i wasn't installing a third party piece of equipment which (while however small a chance) could break, (b) it allowed for more detailed tuning options, & (c) it it offered the possibility of catering to future modifications. I've prolly lost some power with the VH BR but my previous bike was a Honda FireBlade so just about anything was going to be a step down in speed. To date with the SERT, it has run flawlessly with minimal to no decel popping. Here in Melbourne we're about to get our franchise HD dealer offer a dyno tune with either SERT... once i can come up with a good enough reason to drop some cash i'll prolly get it done - i'll post HP figures if (when) i do.

For me it was also a cost issue, as a PCIII or fuelpak in Australia was about the same price as what SERT was in the USA and i had all my mods parts shipped from Zanotti Motors. It seemed sensible to get the unit that was specifically designed for Delphi EFI as continued reliability is important to me, i'm technically proficient but prefer to let someone else do the wrench work (and warranty it).