Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddleman Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
gt06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddleman Seats

Haven't been on forum in a while due to slow dial-up service in area, so I haven't been keeping up with forum.

I'm looking for some input regarding Saddleman seats. I have a 2006 Heritage Softail Classic, and am considering purchasing the King seat w/drivers backrest and am wondering if anyone has one, purchased one in the past, or currently has one. If so, have you had any problems with fit, any problems with the product, problems dealing with the manufacturer, etc. Are/were you happy with it and would you purchase from them again? If you have one, does it push you too far ahead? I am almost 6 feet, 200 lbs and don't want to be pushed any further forward on my bike due to the seat.

I spoke with sales rep last week and he seemed to be very knowledgeable and helpful, but would like to base my purchase decision on feedback from someone with experience with the company or seats themselves.

I purchased the Signature Series seat w/backrest from HD for 2007 and later models to see if it would fit or not, but found out that even though it mounted, it didn't fit the contours of the back fender properly and I had to return it. Looking on the Saddleman website, the King seat seems very similar to the seat that I had to return, but I'm hesitant to purchase one in Canada due to return hassles (or lack of return policy) in case it doesn't fit or isn't comfortable, so would appreciate any feedback that anyone has, good or bad.

Gary

Old 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Saddleman Seats

Here's what I had to say about "Saddlemen" (not Saddleman)
seats...Best money I spent for my bike....

https://www.hdforums.com/m.asp?m=2131449&mpage=1&key=

Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saddleman Seats

I have the Saddleman Road Sofa with rider back rest on my '03 Ultra.
I bought it at the Saddleman vender tent at Destination H-D during Daytona Bike Week a few years ago, put it on then and that's where it stays.
Without a doubt, the best seat I've had on any bike. And the price is better than what I have paid for Corbin seats in the past for other harleys that I have had.
I like it so much that I sent my H-D stock seat and had it cut down, gels installed and re covered with the same design of stitching so it would match the back rest on the tour pack.
They did a great job on that as well.
A riding buddy of mine has the same seat as mine and he recently traded in his '04 Ultra for an '08 Anv Ultra. His words were, "I hope the Saddleman Road Sofa fits this new bike!!"
good luck with your choice
chappy