Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag bar suggestions for short guys..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Screamin00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drag bar suggestions for short guys..

Im 5'8" and i have harley drag bars w/ the 6 1/2" straight risers and they just pull me to far forward on the bike, in result a sore back after i take a ride, i was wondering what some of you guys are using for drag bars, and hopefully straighten out my back some when i ride

Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Drag bar suggestions for short guys..

I've known a couple of guys who've had that problem...one switched to pull back risers, and the other guy changed to one of the "forward" seats that moved him just a little closer to the bars...

Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Screamin00
Tourer

i just got a new seat so i dont want to buy a 3rd, and i guess a 1 pice bar/ riser combo would probably look best, i love how the straight risers look just not how they feel, i dont want the bars to high up either

Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
gunner065
Road Captain

I'm 5'6" and I just put a set of White Brothers Burly Super-Riser Medium Drag Bars on. Here are the specs:
Center Width: 8 in.
Description: Dimpled and Pre-Drilled
End Rise: 8 1/4 in.
Pullback: 6 in.
Rise: 9 in.
They fit me perfectly. I had a slight bend in my elbows with the stock Fatty bars, but with these drag bars my arms are straight but I don't have to lean forward. For my Fatty, I had to get the fattest bars I could, that being 1 1/2". They look sweet. When I was looking, I went to an indy shop and I told them what I wanted, number on being the weld area smooth prior to chroming. I was told that I would have to get Carlini's for that and they were very $$$$$. The White brothers have that weld area smooth and it was exactly what I wanted. I got them at Dennis Kirk for $217.99 plus shipping. Well worth the coin.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just swapped out to the MOCO street slammer bars. Haven't taken any long trips yet but does seem to help some. Im only 5' 9" and the factory drag bars were just too far forward.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:39 PM
08fxstb
Tourer

I must be odd because i like the stock drag bars on my night train and I'm only 5'5". and yes i ride all day long 300+ mile sometimes.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

You might want to check into the Baron's Big Radius bars. They are fat, have smooth welds, and the top bar is more of a gentle curveshape instead ofa straight bar with a sharp bend at each end.I'm an ape hanger guy myself, but if I had to go back to drag bars I would go back to the Big Radius.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 AM
jimb
Road Master

Yaffe makes a cool set of pullback risers.Check J&P for them.They have a smooth radius look and should be able to swap them with no other changes.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 AM
mt325
Tourer

check out these bars from carlini. the link is below. i have the carlini sweep bars and they are worth the $$$.

http://www.carlinidesign.com/handleb...ersweep125.php

Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'6". I had Carlini bars on my Deuce, and they were great for shorter rides. When I'd do longer rides, they'd start to hurt my back a little. I wound up trading my Deuce for the Softail Custom I have now. I have 12.5" apes now, and I have yet to have my back start to hurt. Drag bars look really good, but they're not always comfortable. Apes look good and are really comfortable as long as you don't go too high. Shoulder height is perfect.

Quick Reply: Drag bar suggestions for short guys..