Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB Reinhart Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
stevejt99
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUB Reinhart Pipes?

Well, I'm still trying to decide which pipes to get for my 2004 Heritage Classic. I thought I had decided on the V&H Big ShotStaggered until I a pic of the BUB Reinhart Staggered pipes.

Anyone know the if these BUB Reinhart Staggered pipes are a quality product?I'm assuming they are since they are quite a bit more expensive. How is their installation and fitment?

Anyone know how these BUB Reinhart Staggered pipes sound versus the V&H Big Shot Staggeredpipes?

Anyone out there have these BUB Reinhart pipes on their bike? If so, what do you think of them? Got any pics you can share?

Thanks in advance for your replies and comments.

Best Regards,
Steve

Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
SGTGunner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BUB Reinhart Pipes?

Forgive me here, but I dont know if mine are BUB or not. Dont even know what that is. I did NO research on pipes at all and still know very little about differant pipes out there....but when I was buying my bike there was another one there with these on it and after seeing and hearing them I HAD to get some. Anyway they are Reinhart stagared and sound and perform incredible. The black part is bluing but Reinhart is warentying them, I just need to get time to yank them off and take them to my dealer to swap out for me. I was told this was a problem when they first came out with the black tiped ones for baggers too. Figure I'll give them another chance then move on if they do it again. Oh yea, the pipes (and bike itself) only had a little over 500 miles when I first noticed it and is garage kept.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 AM
bryan72
Cruiser

Rinehart's are made by BUB.
they're very high quality, and awesome sound.
I have the slip-ons, fitment was easy, and they look great.
My end caps started fading within the first few thousand miles, my shop replaced them with a new set from Rinehart at no charge, and the new caps have lasted over 10,000 miles with no fading at all, so I think they'll be fine. They said Rinehart had switched to a new supplier for the caps and had problems initially that have since been solved.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rineharts all the way great sound and performance, go for it. Nice small mounting bracket and spacers with the kit easy to tune and no prob on the install took me about 20 to 30 minutes and that's taking off my old ones and putting the rineharts on.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Want to buy some used ones? I just changed to the true duals and have my rinehart staggard for sale in the classified section.... 375.00 shipped

When I got the samsons in, I had to use the exhaust flange and cliprings off of these pipes so you would have to use the ones off of your pipes. Here is a pic on the bike...

[IMG]local://upfiles/7149/DBF81E38C868448AA5825D9755557AD4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
stevejt99
Novice

story808,

Thanks for the reply!

How do like the sound of your BUBs? Do you know how their sound compares to say V&H Big Shot Staggered?

Thanks!
Steve

Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
stevejt99
Novice

jrstar,

Do you have pic of the BUBs showing the entire bike? I'm trying to see how they might look on a Heritage.

Where the BUB on a Heritage,Fatboy or Deluxe? How did you like the sound of them? Do you know how their sound compares to say V&H Big Shot Staggered?

Are the BUBs you're selling in good condition? How many miles on them? Any damage?

What Cliprings are you referring to?

Thanks!
Steve

Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The pipes were on a deluxe, but I think they would be the same as the heritage. Might check their site to make sure. I don't know how many miles as they were on the bike when I got it. The bike had 8000 miles. The pipes look great on the bike and actually sound better than the samson true duals I just put on. No damage on the pipes. They have the slight swirling on the chrome but no worse than any used pipes. The pipes are blued but the heat shields are fine and you can't see the blued pipe when it is mounted anyway. The cliprings are on the very end of the pipe where it mounts to the head to hold the flang on. Your remove the clip to take the flang off.

Here is a link to the bike when it was on ebay and it has a lot of pics where you can see the pipes mounted....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
biskit
Advanced

I just installed the new BUB 7s on my Night Train last week. Look good and sound great! Loud and deep, but not TOO loud.
Only 1 problem, corn flake size chrome is peeling off inside tail pipe. I'm in the process of exchanging under warranty.
I'll post some pics soon...soon as this cold front gets the heck out of here!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: stevejt99

story808,

Thanks for the reply!

How do like the sound of your BUBs? Do you know how their sound compares to say V&H Big Shot Staggered?

Thanks!
Steve
Humm, this a tough one I like V&H pipes they sound great to, But you can't compare the two
rineharts are deep, throaty and lets not forget the performance you can ask anybody if they
had the money they would of went with rineharts, I had gone though 2 other sets Python 3's
(which are made by V&H's) Santee LAF's (I know what loud is) But got tired of trying and saved up for what I really wanted. Oh yah rineharts very tuner friendly. If the used pipes are ok and will
fit your bike I go for it, they retail $895.00 if you don't like them after they will sell easy on ebay
or craigslist or even on this forum.

Quick Reply: BUB Reinhart Pipes?