Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head light bulbs?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
jokr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head light bulbs?

I was wondering if anyone changed their headlight bulb for a brighter one or for saftey. i have an 07 deluxe and was looking at the piaa super plasma gt-x more for the bluish-purple look for safty Kuryakyn has something called a rainbow strobe that slips over an H- 4 bulb to add color does anyone recommend any of these.
jokr.....................

Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: head light bulbs?

I saw some Piaa's at a motorcycle shop but couldn't see paying over $100 for a headlight - I doubt it would be as bright as the sun and that would be my requirement for a $100 light bulb.

I went for some super bright Sylvania's from the local auto parts store. They are certainly brighter than stock. I also ride with my highbeams on 98% of the time.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I use one of the Sylvania Silverstar's in my headlight. They are less than $20, but seriously outperform the stock bulb and won't overstress the circuit or cook the reflector in the headlight housing the way some of the really high wattage bulbs can.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
mikeshog
Cruiser

Replaced my bulb, not the light with the PIAA Super plasma GT-X and noticed a difference in intensity and brightness, but not as much as I was expecting on low beam. Cost $49.00 from Kuryakyn through my HD dealer and dealer payed freight. Like it and real easy to install--really see a difference with the high beams on at night.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's the one!

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

I use one of the Sylvania Silverstar's in my headlight. They are less than $20, but seriously outperform the stock bulb and won't overstress the circuit or cook the reflector in the headlight housing the way some of the really high wattage bulbs can.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
jl1288
2nd Gear

Hi, my name is John. Would you still happen to have the part number for the silver star bulb handy?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi John,

Its an "H4 ST" andgenerally acommon stock item in nearly any Advanced Auto,Auto Zone, and other chain stores.

Frank

Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM
meatz
Novice

j&p sells some offroad rally bulbs that are rated 130/110 and are only 20 bucks but you have to be carefull because they probably will melt your socket. Tats why those piaa's are so expensive, they put off 135watt high/110watt low and only draw 60/55 like the stock bulb so you dont have to worry about melting sockets. i switched my headlight on my pan to a blue tinted lens and that makes a really nice brite white light.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:22 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the old style WG headlight which is not very deep, even have to trim the spade connectors to get it to fit. Am wanting more light but not sure if any modern bulbs will fit. Anyone have this problem?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
jokr
Road Captain

what im looking for is a bulb that gives off some color so i am noticed more. i see kuryakyan has a rainbow cage that goes around the bulb this might work but just goes around your stock bulb with the same light output.
jokr.............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: head light bulbs?