Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Martin Bros Exhaust Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
nighttrainjerrywayne
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Martin Bros Exhaust Info

unable to use the search tab for some reason but just wondering what feedback anybody might have for Martin Bros Exhaust? good-bad-eh? tried to PM a couple guys I found that had'em but no response. I found a set I like but a little pricy. any info is appreciated.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
08fxstb
Tourer
Default RE: Martin Bros Exhaust Info

Igot a set on my night train. I love them cause I haven't seen anyone else with. yeah they weren't cheap, but hell i wanted those so i got those. Get some good compliments also. i took out the baffles. the bolts for them came loose and i kept riding anyways. finally took them out when i relized i couldn't tighten them up because they vibrated too much inside which wore off the threads. also have the internal ceramic coating. nice and very loud.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:12 AM
nighttrainjerrywayne
Advanced

thanx for the info. not getting much feedback from this post so I am sure not too many people have them. SWs look good on your bike. did you get 'em from Martin Bros or somewhere else? holla bak and thanx again.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think most people view Martin Bros. pipes as nothing more than vanity chopper pipe. They are definitely not a performance tuned pipe like Bassani or Rineharts. You will lose power with them. I don't particularly care for any of their older swoopy disco designs, but I see they have since released a few new toned downstyles, and geared them to theHarley Davidson crowd. 08fxstb has a new set of their re-designed, toned down line with a complete heat shield, and I think those are a huge improvement for Martin Bros. Nice looking pipes...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first got my Custom, I ordered a set of Shock Waves. They looked awesome. However, when I got up close, I noticed one of the heat shields was messed up. It was bent and didn't lay right. When I started my bike, I was very disappointed. They weren't that loud. They were just a hair louder than stock, I though. They sounded like a set of Screamin' Eagle slip-ons. As soon as I took off to ride home, I noticed a HUGE loss in power. My bike felt like a turd. The whole ride home I felt a little sick to my stomach because I spent so much on these awesome lookin' pipes, but was dissappointed in the sound and performance. The next day I rode to Myrtle Beach Bike Week, which was about 240 miles away. By the time I got there, my pipes had already turned yellow. Which was odd since they were supposed to be ceramic coated inside, but I don't think they were. The day after I got there, I was already lookin' for another set of pipes. I found the Cobra setup and had them install the Cobra 2-into-1 exhaust that I have on my bike now. There was a HUGE! improvement in sound and performance. Luckily my wife drove her car down, so she was able to carry the Martin Bros pipes back home for me. The day after I got back home, I carried the Martin Bros pipes back into the dealer. I talked with the parts manager who was the one who ordered them for me. He was surprised to see the quality of those pipes. He called up Martin Bros and got me a refund on them. So my experience with the Martin Bros was poor quality control (the messed up heat shield was very obvious. Oh and that was the second exhaust they sent because the first time they sent one pipe with a port for a O2 sensor, and one without), poor sound, huge power loss, poor quality, but pretty good customer service because they handled the refund well. I'll always think the Martin Bros pipes look cool, and I'll wish I had a good experience with them, but I'll never buy another set.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
nighttrainjerrywayne
Advanced

not exactly what i wanted to hear but glad i heard it before shelling out 7-hundee. seems like the v&h blacks are everywhere but i really like them too. got 3 replies back on this and at least one negative with each reply......maybe time to look another direction on pipes. thanks for the info fellas. btw........y'all have some sweet lookin' bikes

out,

ntjw

Old 02-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

If you like the V&H Blacks, but don't like the fact that everyone is starting to get them, you can just find a set of pipes you like and have them ceramic coated. That way you get a set that fits the style you're going for with your bike, and it'll be more custom.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
nighttrainjerrywayne
Advanced

true true. this was fun when the idea of pipe shopping popped in my head but now i'm like WTF do i do? i know what i'll do.................sit back, drink it over a lil' bit and see what happens.

stand by for contact...............................

Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Lookin' for pipes can be fun, but it can be a big pain in the *** when there are a few sets you like. Just sit back and think about the overall look you want for your bike. Too many people just buy parts they like, and even though they look cool, they don't look good together. The bike winds up lookin' like a thrown together mess. So just take your time and think about how you want your bike to look after you're done customizing. Then run with theme. You'll be much happier with the end result. You'll find the right set of pipes. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM
POKJWS
Cruiser

Have been lookin too. I think I will end of with Rinehart 2 to 1, which look very similar to the pipes you have in the pic.

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Lookin' for pipes can be fun, but it can be a big pain in the *** when there are a few sets you like. Just sit back and think about the overall look you want for your bike. Too many people just buy parts they like, and even though they look cool, they don't look good together. The bike winds up lookin' like a thrown together mess. So just take your time and think about how you want your bike to look after you're done customizing. Then run with theme. You'll be much happier with the end result. You'll find the right set of pipes. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Martin Bros Exhaust Info